Dear Tribler Community,
Today we’re releasing the Tribler 7.12.1 version.
- This release should greatly improve the speed and stability of Tribler startup:
- Now, if a user has a large number of downloads, Tribler windows should open much faster.
- All different errors of type “Tribler GUI cannot connect to Tribler Core” should go away.
- Tribler should not crash anymore while copying files from the previous directory.
- The copying of the state directory is now atomic, and files should not be corrupted if the copying is interrupted in the middle.
- No more orphan Core processes if the GUI process was suddenly terminated.
- The token balance is now hidden until the algorithm for calculating the balance is updated.
- Some bugs that caused Tribler crashes were fixed.
The full list of bug fixes is available here.
The binaries are available below, or you can download them from the official release page at the GitHub repository:
Note: Some antivirus software falsely flags the Windows 32-bit version of Tribler. When investigating the issue, we found that the Python builder we use (PyInstaller) is being flagged even for a simple hello world program. So, your antivirus might flag Tribler as malware if you’re using the 32-bit version. Therefore, we suggest you use the 64-bit version if you can.
If you encounter any problems using this release, you can create an issue ticket on GitHub or post it here in this forum.
For developers willing to contribute to Tribler with bug fixes or new features, please check out the Tribler contributing page, which provides the basic guidelines.
We hope you’ll enjoy using this version.