Tribler Configure

I’m trying to make Tribler run from a single location, so everything is stored in one place and not in the AppData directory under a specific user. I have gotten most of the items to be stored in the directory I wish, but the sqlite database is still saved in the users Roaming directory. I assume there should be a configuration line to sqlite to make it store in a specific place and not the Roaming directory, but I have no idea what it could be. Does anyone know?

1 Like

I solved this with the following, not sure about how it all works yet tough.

I moved .Tribler from the Roaming folder to the directory where Tribler.exe is located.
I removed all the files in the .Tribler folder, except for tribler.conf and libtribler.conf. (After some testing there is something saving settings like where the sql database is written and where the torrents should be downladed, even if you change the directory in the tribler.conf file).

After this I change all the directories in the tribler.conf and libtribler.conf to reflect the changes.
It should now save in the application directory rather than in the Roaming directory.

Assumptions:

1. Tribler will look for a .Tribler directory in the application directory first. If none is found it will create on in Roaming.
    1. It will read tribler.conf and libtribler.conf for general settings.
    1. It will read some settings coded in one ore more files in the .Tribler directory. For example will the sql directory be read from the ltdht.state file. If this isn’t removed the sql files will be accessed from the previous directory. The same goes for the download directory, it is stored in some of the files.

Well. That’s all for me. I solved what I wanted. Maybe it will help someone else.

1 Like