Tribler 7.8.0 released today

Dear Tribler Community,

Today we’re releasing Tribler 7.8.0. This is a stable release so if you’re using the old versions, please upgrade. This version fixes an important memory leak present in 7.8.0. We did not receive error reports on the last RC release, we consider it to be stable but if you encounter any problems, please let us know.

The binaries are available below or can be downloaded from the official release page at Github repository.
Windows(64-bit)
Windows (32-bit)
Linux
MacOS

If you encounter any problems using this release, feel free to report back to us. You can either create an issue ticket in Github (link here) or simply post it here in this forum.

For developers willing to contribute to Tribler with bug fixes or new features please check out this page which provides the basic pointers to get started.

And as always, the source code can be found on our Github repository but you can also download it directly here.

We hope you’ll enjoy using this version.
Cheers!

3 Likes

Even though I’m only uploading for as far as I can tell, my token balance seems to be decreasing. Not anywhere near as bad as in some of the versions from last year, but still… I would expect it to be increasing since I’m relaying and uploading.

Furthermore, the graph of the token balance over time is empty. I can zoom in and shift it, but it doesn’t seem to display any token data. The little “A” button (to focus?) in the bottom left corner of the graph could use a tooltip or a more telling icon.

Thanks for reporting. With Tribler 7.8, we did a full token balance wipe since there was a major bug that skewed the balances of bandwidth tokens.

Tribler does quite some things in the background to serve you content, for example, downloading channels, doing (anonymized) DHT lookups to estimate the swarm health etc. This also requires bandwidth and the services of other users and decreases your balance, although likely at a slow rate. In a future version of Tribler, we plan to provide some insights in the reason why you balance increases or decreases :+1:

I’m experiencing a new error. Yesterday, Tribler took ages to quit, and eventually, I used the orange button to force it to quit.

Today, I’m unable to start it again. When I try to start it, I receive the following message:

{'exc_info':(<class 'psutil.NoSuchProcess'> psutil.NoSuchProcess no process found with pid 11312, traceback object at 0x000002408903DA40>), 'attachments' []}.

Edit: It seems like it’s working again after a reboot.