Dear Tribler Community,
The first release of Tribler 7.6 series is out! 7.6 series includes many bugfixes and improvements over 7.5, namely:
- Refactored Channels GUI
- Fixed slow channel processing - channels processing speed increased 10x-100x times
- Added Sentry crash report processing
- Removed TrustChain in favour of our new LedgerZero traffic accounting system
- Increased Tunnels performance due to refactored IPv8 serializer
- Completely removed VLC and its dependencies
For developers willing to contribute to Tribler with bug fixes or new features, please check out this page which provides the basic pointers on how to get started.
- this version includes a mandatory upgrade of your Channels database. This could take up to an hour on very slow PCs with mechanical HDDs and very big databases (e.g. with several million torrent entries). Our “copy forward” system will still keep you old database safe, though, in the versioned dir. To greatly speed up the upgrade process, close all other programs before running 7.6.0 for the first time.
- We disabled the token balance indicator for this release, as the new accounting system is not stable enough for production use yet. We will re-enable it in later releases.
- This release fixes the insta-crash bug affecting 7.5.4 series. Every user of 7.5.4 is advised to upgrade to this version immediately!
We hope you’ll enjoy using this version.