Tribler 7.6.0-exp1 is released today!

Dear Tribler Community,

The first experimental release of Tribler 7.6.0 is ready for testing! 7.6 series includes many bugfixes and improvements over 7.5, namely:

• Refactored Channels GUI
  • Fixed slow channel processing - channels processing speed increased 10x-100x times
  • Added Sentry crash report processing
  • Removed TrustChain in favour of our new LedgerZero traffic accounting system
  • Increased Tunnels performance due to refactored IPv8 serializer
  • Completely removed VLC and its dependencies

The binaries are available below or can be downloaded from the official release page at Github repository.
Windows(64-bit)
Windows (32-bit)
Linux
MacOS

As usual, the source code can be found on our Github repository but you can also download it directly here.

Your feedback is very valuable to us, especially during experimental releases. Feel free to either create an issue on GitHub, start a GitHub Discussion, or just respond in this topic.

For developers willing to contribute to Tribler with bug fixes or new features, please check out this page which provides the basic pointers on how to get started.

ATTENTION: this version includes a mandatory upgrade of your Channels database. This could take up to an hour on very slow PCs with mechanical HDDs and very big databases (e.g. with several million torrent entries). Our “copy forward” system will still keep you old database safe, though, in the versioned dir. However, we still recommend backing up your Tribler config dir, just in case.

We hope you’ll enjoy using this version.
Cheers!

using this release.
yesterday I had 8 gigs to the plus tokens. today I have -181 gigs tokens. I have downloaded nothing at all

Thanks for reporting!
The new accounting system is extremely unstable now, so we are disabling it in the final 7.6.0 release. We will re-enable it in the near future.