Dear Tribler Community,
Tribler 7.5 is finally released!
It features a major refactor of Tribler Core for stability and performance and adds support for creating multiple personal channels with nested folder-like structure. Below, we list all major changes to the Tribler core and user interface. A comprehensive list of all minor changes between Tribler 7.4 and 7.5 can be found in the changelog of the release candidates.
- The Tribler Core is now powered by the modern Asyncio framework which improves performance, reliability and compatibility.
- REST endpoints are now based on AIOHttp framework.
- The video player is completely rewritten, improving its performance.
- Tribler channels now support multiple channels per user with file-tree like nested structure.
- DHT requests are now anonymous by default.
- Improved the startup time of the core.
- Discovering the first Tribler channels on new installations is now much faster.
- The integrated market is disabled by default and can be enabled from the setting panel.
- The experimental ‘Credit mining’ feature is removed completely.
- The home screen is removed; instead, Tribler now first shows the discovered channels.
- The torrent metainfo is loaded directly from DHT/tracker when unchecking the “anonymous” checkbox.
- The CPU-hungry animation of “loading” channel state is replaced with a static icon.
- You can now refresh the current page by clicking the selected button in the left menu again.
- Numerous small Channels GUI improvements.
- The 32-bit Windows version of Tribler lacks some VLC codecs.
- A newly subscribed channel is not immediately shown in the “Subscribed” list when the user subscribes to a channel. A workaround is to click on the “Subscribed” button an additional time to force refresh the list.
Attention, owners of big channels!
Previous versions of Tribler (7.3+) contained a bug that could have resulted in the corruption of the personal channel torrent. This release fixes the bug, and will automatically re-commit the channel in case it was corrupted. However, if your channel is very big, Tribler will appear stuck for a long time. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Please let us know ASAP if there are any issues!