Tribler 7.3.0-beta5 is out

Dear Tribler Community,

Tribler 7.3.0-beta5 is available today. This version includes several fixes and improvement over beta 4. You’ll need to recreate your channel if you’re upgrading from previous beta versions. For upgrade from stable version, everything should work fine. Since it is a beta version, we suggest keeping a backup of your state directory before trying out this release.

The binaries are available below or can be downloaded from the official release page at Github repository.
Windows(64-bit)
Windows (32-bit)
Linux
MacOS

If you encounter any problems using this release, feel free to report back to us. We’ll appreciate that. You can either create an issue ticket in Github (link here) or simply post it here in this forum.

For developers willing to contribute to Tribler with bug fixes or new features please check out this page which provides the basic pointers to get started.

And as always, the source code can be found on our Github repository but you can also download it directly here.

We hope you’d enjoy using this version.
Cheers!

Windows 10: 64 bit
still crashing:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “TriblerGUI\core_manager.py”, line 118, in on_received_state
RuntimeError: [Failure instance: Traceback: <type ‘exceptions.TypeError’>: argument of type ‘NoneType’ is not iterable
run_tribler.py:85:start_tribler
Tribler\Core\Session.py:438:start
lib\site-packages\twisted\internet\defer.py:321:addCallback
lib\site-packages\twisted\internet\defer.py:310:addCallbacks
— —
lib\site-packages\twisted\internet\defer.py:653:_runCallbacks
Tribler\Core\Session.py:429:load_checkpoint
Tribler\Core\Session.py:384:load_checkpoint
Tribler\Core\APIImplementation\LaunchManyCore.py:573:load_checkpoint
Tribler\Core\APIImplementation\LaunchManyCore.py:570:do_load_checkpoint
Tribler\Core\APIImplementation\LaunchManyCore.py:602:resume_download
]

@Jingles Thank you for reporting. The crash is caused by failure to load one or more of your downloads. We keep local state of your downloads so we can resume them one by one when you restart Tribler. Here it seems it crashed trying to load one of such state file. These state files are stored locally inside this directory:

%APPDATA%\.Tribler\dlcheckpoints

If there are not many torrents in your downloads list, you can try keeping a backup of the directory and removing the state files one by one and checking if Tribler still fails. That way you’ll find out the faulty state file and help us debug the issue.

Otherwise, you can remove all the state files and Tribler should start again but your download list will be cleared. Let us know if it still doesn’t work for you.

I’ve encountered this error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "TriblerGUI\event_request_manager.py", line 136, in <lambda>
  File "TriblerGUI\event_request_manager.py", line 81, in on_error
RuntimeError: Could not connect with the Tribler Core within 20 seconds

Hi, just installed the new Beta.
Few things are not clear to me. Why Token Mining does not happen when seeding?
I can not see any tribbler user in the client list of my torrent. Is that normal
I am not able to mine any token. I do not understand how it works.
I set anonimity to 2 but all the downloads shows 1 Hops. Is this normal?

Thank you in advance for your help

May I draw your attention once more, to a bug that has been present for quite a while now? Some downloads keep displaying a ratio of 0.000, while I see them uploading fairly regularly. Furthermore, while looking at their ratio under details, Tribler did register both an uploaded and downloaded amount of data. The resulting ratio when rounded off, shouldn’t result in a ratio of zero. That being said, I do believe that the numbers listed as up- and downloads are wrong.

Is this ratio displayed under downloads derived from the blockchain? If it is stored locally, where can I find it?

@LesVerres, does this issue happen during shutdown?

@Pallo42,

Why Token Mining does not happen when seeding?

Token mining happens during seeding but it should be anonymous seeding and not normal seeding

I can not see any tribbler user in the client list of my torrent. Is that normal?

It could happen, depends on whether there are other Tribler users in the swarm for the torrent.

I am not able to mine any token. I do not understand how it works.

Mining works by first downloading the torrent contents and later seeding them. There is an algorithm which tries to optimize the downloads and uploads for you so you can earn more token but it is not as effective as it should be for a small user base. It improves with growing user base. If there are more Tribler users downloading and seeding anonymously, token mining will improve. That will take some time.
For now, one of the easiest option to gain token is to let Tribler run idle. While running idle, Tribler acts as relay node and earn token for each byte it relays.

I set anonimity to 2 but all the downloads shows 1 Hops. Is this normal?

No, this is not normal. We cannot reproduce the issue. Could you let us know on which platform are you running?

Thank you for the report. As of now, we don’t store/derive the ratio on/from the blockchain for privacy reasons. These are stored in .pstate files under dlcheckpoints inside Tribler state directory. If this file is corrupted for some reason, it is recreated by libtorrent and the ratio will reset. We had a discussion about this topic sometime ago to make this record more persistent by storing the data in the database instead of these files so we’ll hopefully have this in coming releases.

tribler’s all version don’t work

@hihihi Could you write to us what are the errors you encounter?

@LesVerres, does this issue happen during shutdown?

I believe I encountered it during startup.

Friday 23 August, problems, 7.3.0 rc3has trouble searching files. then loading files.
when finds files they might get - error. metainfo error
and - time out fetching files
and retrying 1/3, 2/3 …