Tribler 7.3.0-beta2 is out with Trust Graph

Dear Tribler Community,

Tribler is all about helping others. You become trusted if you give away bandwidth. Such acts of kindness are registered in the Tribler blockchain. In this Tribler release (v7.3.0-beta2), we integrated Trust Graph which features your decentral Trust network based on the blockchain records in real-time (see screenshot below). We hope you’ll like it. This is a beta release and there are rough edges but we would like to ask you to install or upgrade to this release and give us your feedback.

The binaries are available below or can be downloaded from the official release page at Github repository.
Windows(64-bit)
Windows (32-bit)
Linux
MacOS

If you encounter any problems using this release, feel free to report back to us. We’ll appreciate that. You can either create an issue ticket in Github (link here) or simply post it here in this forum.

For developers willing to contribute to Tribler with bug fixes or new features please check out this page which provides the basic pointers to get started.

And as always, the source code can be found on our Github repository but you can also download it directly here.

We hope you’d enjoy using this version.
Cheers!

when selecting trust graph … "Request error An error occurred during the request unhashable type: ‘dict’ "

log:

INFO 1556653069.85 CreditMiningManager:340 (CreditMiningManager) Downloading: 0, Uploading: 0, Stopped: 0
INFO 1556653069.85 CreditMiningManager:342 (CreditMiningManager) 0 active download(s), 0.000 MB uploaded, 0.000 MB downloaded
INFO 1556653071.58 community:82 (Request) Timeout for find to Peer<5.20.99.71:14480, ndfEkHt0kIxjqJjBP1w0SfEaSJo=>
ERROR 1556653072.15 rest_manager:80 (RESTRequest) [Failure instance: Traceback: <type ‘exceptions.TypeError’>: unhashable type: ‘dict’
/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/twisted/web/http.py:2013:lineReceived
/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/twisted/web/http.py:2104:allContentReceived
/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/twisted/web/http.py:866:requestReceived
/usr/share/tribler/Tribler/Core/Modules/restapi/rest_manager.py:114:process
— —
/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/twisted/web/server.py:195:process
/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/twisted/web/server.py:255:render
/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/twisted/web/resource.py:250:render
/usr/share/tribler/Tribler/Core/Modules/restapi/trustview_endpoint.py:68:render_GET
/usr/share/tribler/Tribler/Core/Modules/restapi/trustview_endpoint.py:35:initialize_graph
/usr/share/tribler/Tribler/Core/Modules/TrustCalculation/local_view.py:29:init
/usr/share/tribler/Tribler/Core/Modules/TrustCalculation/local_view.py:78:lay_down_nodes
/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/networkx/classes/function.py:333:set_node_attributes
]
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/twisted/web/server.py”, line 195, in process
self.render(resrc)
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/twisted/web/server.py”, line 255, in render
body = resrc.render(self)
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/twisted/web/resource.py”, line 250, in render
return m(request)
File “/usr/share/tribler/Tribler/Core/Modules/restapi/trustview_endpoint.py”, line 68, in render_GET
self.initialize_graph()
File “/usr/share/tribler/Tribler/Core/Modules/restapi/trustview_endpoint.py”, line 35, in initialize_graph
self.local_view = NodeVision(self.node_id)
File “/usr/share/tribler/Tribler/Core/Modules/TrustCalculation/local_view.py”, line 29, in init
self.pos = self.lay_down_nodes()
File “/usr/share/tribler/Tribler/Core/Modules/TrustCalculation/local_view.py”, line 78, in lay_down_nodes
nx.set_node_attributes(self.graph, new_pos, ‘pos’)
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/networkx/classes/function.py”, line 333, in set_node_attributes
G.node[node][name] = value
TypeError: unhashable type: ‘dict’

ubuntu 18.04

Reproduced and fixed: https://github.com/Tribler/tribler/issues/4479
This happens when the Nextworkx lib is outdated, repair with:

pip install --upgrade networkx

Does that work for you?

Yes this fixed it. Thanks

I installed tribler_7.3.0-beta2_all.deb on a Kubuntu 19.04 virtual machine. When I start Tribler, I only get the starting screen with turning gears. I deleted the ~/.Tribler directory beforehand. When I closed Tribler after some time the freshly created ~/.Tribler directory is still empty apart from the logs directory. All log files are zero bytes. Only tribler-gui-info.log has the following content:

INFO 1557164641.78 single_application:28 (root) init()
INFO 1557164642.04 single_application:54 (root) self._outSocket.error() = ‘0’
INFO 1557164642.04 single_application:56 (root) received QLocalSocket.ConnectionRefusedError; removing server.
INFO 1557164642.04 single_application:68 (root) close()
INFO 1557164642.04 single_application:75 (root) close(): returning
INFO 1557164642.05 single_application:64 (root) init(): returning
INFO 1557166006.39 run_tribler:139 (root) Shutting down Tribler

Some info about my setup:

Linux 5.0.0-13-generic #14-Ubuntu SMP Mon Apr 15 14:59:14 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
Qt: 5.12.2
KDE Frameworks: 5.56.0
PyQt5 5.12.1

After installing libgmp3-dev (for missing gmp.h) I was able to successful upgrade all installed Python packages with pip, which unfortunately didn’t seem to help…

on my setup Tribler only works as root (yes yes unsafe, am aware)… you could try that

Thank you… It does work when run as root. Now to find out what’s preventing it from running as a less privileged user.

7.3.0-beta2 Was downloading ubuntu linux 19 and randomly a download was added to the active download “bootstrap.block” 25MB in size and no hops.

I immediately removed it. There didn’t seem to be any transfer percentage.

Any one care to explain this one?

Addendum. That boostrap is back again and the fact that it has no hops is the most concern.

Near as i can tell it has something to do with the ipv8 setting in tribler. It does not popup like this in 7.2.x

…randomly a download was added to the active download “bootstrap.block” 25MB in size and no hops.

@silverfir I can confirm this.

Furthermore, I’ve gotten notifications for the completion of downloads that I hadn’t added myself. These downloads had names that looked like they were hexadecimal codes (infohashes used as names maybe?).

As you may be aware, after selecting the trust graph, the GUI freezes for a short while from time to time.

There is some black text in the GUI. On a grey background, this is poorly legible.

Token mining still seems to be inactive, at least its graph doesn’t show signs of any activity.

Noted and thank you.

Bootstrap torrent of 25MB (randomly generated bits) is used in order to bootstrap the trustchain network where downloads and uploads of the bootstrap torrent is recorded in the Trustchain, making it possible to show the trust graph. Note that these are only local records for you.

Trust graph is in its early stage and there are several improvements on underway. Rendering the graph is CPU intensive (when it is visible) but it should not affect your normal Tribler usage where the graph is not in view. The next iteration of the Trust graph adds some readability and interaction support (node selection, dragging). A screenshot is available below.

Noted and understood.

One thing I hadn’t mentioned before, this beta seems to be much better in counting uploaded data. All of a sudden, my balance is steadily growing, without me sharing anything new.

Keep up the good work!

1 Like

Installing now see what happens hope it keeps my previos files

All my setting and files seem to be fine im up and running … check my channel

Channel name
Corekiller

Went from 98mb to -13 after install wth! See how this goes in the next 6 hours

A minor problem though:

Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "TriblerGUI\event_request_manager.py", line 136, in on_read_data
RuntimeError: [Failure instance: Traceback: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'address'
lib\threading.py:801:__bootstrap_inner
lib\threading.py:754:run
lib\site-packages\twisted\_threads\_threadworker.py:46:work
lib\site-packages\twisted\_threads\_team.py:190:doWork
--- <exception caught here> ---
lib\site-packages\twisted\python\threadpool.py:250:inContext
lib\site-packages\twisted\python\threadpool.py:266:<lambda>
lib\site-packages\twisted\python\context.py:122:callWithContext
lib\site-packages\twisted\python\context.py:85:callWithContext
Tribler\Core\APIImplementation\LaunchManyCore.py:566:sesscb_states_callback
Tribler\community\triblertunnel\community.py:502:monitor_downloads
Tribler\community\triblertunnel\community.py:555:create_introduction_point
Tribler\pyipv8\ipv8\messaging\anonymization\hidden_services.py:418:create_introduction_point
Tribler\pyipv8\ipv8\messaging\anonymization\hidden_services.py:110:create_circuit_for_infohash
Tribler\pyipv8\ipv8\messaging\anonymization\community.py:322:create_circuit

Must you download for colors to appear? Im showing grey dots with myself in the center orange…

Up to 391MB after 6 hours not bad i suppose

@LesVerres @corekiller Good to know that token balance fix is working. :+1:

About the Trust graph with colors, it is not deployed yet. It’ll be available in the next beta release.