Dear Tribler Community,
Today we’re releasing Tribler 7.10.0-exp1. This is an experimental release featuring many performance improvements, features and bugfixes:
- Channels database performance improved up to 200x (most notable on slower machines)
- Added new Search Loading screen showing the search progress
- Improved Search performance and filtering quality
- Added the ability to add picture thumbnails and descriptions to personal channels
- Channels can now be browsed without subscribing
- Improved torrent health information spreading
- Added Russian, Chinese and Portuguese translations for the GUI
- Added GUI language selector to the GUI Settings tab
- Added the option to minimize Tribler to tray
- Many bug fixes
- Some parts of the GUI can appear untranslated
- Most of the new Channels-related features (e.g. live browsing of non-subscribed channels) will only work reliably when most of the network migrates to 7.10.
As usual, it is advised to backup your Tribler config folder before upgrading to the experimental release.
If you encounter any problems using this release, feel free to report back to us. You can either create an issue ticket in Github (link here) or simply post it here in this forum.
For developers willing to contribute to Tribler with bug fixes or new features please check out this page which provides the basic pointers to get started.
We hope you’ll enjoy using this version.