Tribler 7.10.0 stable release is out!

Dear Tribler Community,

Today we’re releasing Tribler 7.10.0 stable version after 3 RC releases. We consider this release stable since we did not receive significant error reporst, therefore, we’d like to ask you to upgrade and let us know if you encounter any issues. We hope you’ll like the release.

The binaries are available below or can be downloaded from the official release page at Github repository.
Windows(64-bit)
Windows (32-bit)
Linux
MacOS

Note: Win32 bit version is falsely flagged by some antivirus software. When investigated the issue, we found that the Python builder we use (PyInstaller) is being flagged even for a simple hello world program. So, it is possible that your antivirus might flag Tribler as malware if you’re using the 32-bit version. Therefore, we suggest you to use 64 bit version if you can.

If you encounter any problems using this release, you can either create an issue ticket in Github (link here) or simply post it here in this forum.

For developers willing to contribute to Tribler with bug fixes or new features please check out this page which provides the basic pointers to get started.

And as always, the source code can be found on our Github repository but you can also download it directly here.

We hope you’ll enjoy using this version.
Cheers!

1 Like

Thank you for the latest release. :slight_smile: It is working well so far.
I don’t know if this is the appropriate location to ask: One thing I can’t find any clear/recent statements on here/the website/github is the current state of the anonymity of the integrated search.
I found several results, but as things change fast here an update would be nice.
My specific questions are:

1. Can my current IP address be associated to the searches conducted in Tribler (regardless if searching for metadata is legal)? If not, how is it handled?
  2. Does adding a torrent (as a file or via a magnet link), downloading it, seeding it leak any metadata/ip-address to the “clearnet” if anonymous seeding/downloading is enabled?
1 Like

Can my current IP address be associated to the searches conducted in Tribler (regardless if searching for metadata is legal)? If not, how is it handled?

Yes, it can, if your ISP is eavesdropping on you.

1 Like

Does adding a torrent (as a file or via a magnet link), downloading it, seeding it leak any metadata/ip-address to the “clearnet” if anonymous seeding/downloading is enabled?

No, it does not, unless you disable anonymity in the settings, or explicitly disable the “download anonymously” checkbox in the downloads dialog.

1 Like

Could it be that This Release(7.10.0) transmits a broken Program identifier?

I know we had this discussion before, but the “problem” remains. Even without downloading, my token balance keeps dropping steadily. It has nearly halved since installing this latest version.

I remember you were discussing about making a (graphical) breakdown of what constitutes a token balance. That would be a good start, but it may not address the root problem i.e. a declining balance while being a net contributor to the system by uploading more with other Tribler users than you download yourself.

Sure, there may be overhead processes to blame, and I am aware of how the number of hops impacts the amount of tokens you use, but in its current state, I predict this problem will be a recurring source of questions, misunderstandings and annoyance if Tribler wants to grow bigger.

I suggest getting rid of the token system and simple minimize Tribler to the system tray to allow the seed process to last longer than a hit and run