Tribler 6.5-RC7 ready for testing!

This (really) should be the last pre-release before 6.5.

This release brings a lot of fixes (see link below for more info). But the most important ones are

• Support for latest versions of OSX and Windows 10
  • Fixes for the embedded video player.
  • Fixes for the upgrade process from V6.4.x
  • Some fixes for the download state management and torrent publishing in your channel.
  • And many more!

Get it from here and report any issues you find!

To get a full list of changes since the last release, click here

After upgrade most of my Torrents are anonymous and stranded on building circuits.How to resolv?
When you forget to uncheck a new download then it is always anonymous. Please add within options a settings what the default should be.
How to change a file from anonymous yes to no? No I delete and add again and uncheck the anonymous box

Restarting a completed Torrent, which was anonymous no before, turns into anonymous yes and instead of seeding it is now building circuits.
When a anonymous no, file is completed it turns into anonymous yes and instead of seeding it keeps a status again of building circuits.

Upgraded to 6.5-RC7
Trying to download a file with 8000+ seeders, 3000+ leachers. Connections: 0, Down speed: 0.0 KB/s
I am on OS X 10.11.

Update: It is working now.

RG

Servers down or something? Had trouble a few hours before this came out, and both tried the new and old version i was using, and now everything is at 0 connections, sometimes a few, but the speed is incredibly low, just like when the servers were down in December. @renang010 and I are at least experiencing the same problems, i’m on W10 though and has tried the an older build i knew worked and has used for some time now.

On a unrelated note, back some months i got a test version of tribler from someone, and it colored torrents based on upload/download ration when you sorted by Active torrents, kinda stuck with it because i liked it a lot, though you said you knew nothing off it. Still have the .exe, and i’m wondering it it’s possible to get that on the current version.

Update: Works now at least.

Yes, the university tunnel helpers where down for a while and there’s practically nobody else running tunnel helpers with exit mode enabled.

Re. color sorting build. Where did you get that build from? You probably should ask whoever did these modifications to send us a pull request.

Cheers!

Well, i got the build as a test during the magnet link issue late last year, and the first build i noticed it on was provided by LipuFei on GitHub, which also seemed to have no knowledge of the coloring torrents. It’s this link it got it from: https://jenkins.tribler.org/job/Build-Tribler_WinSrvr2008R2_64_next/69/

I also got a build from you, @whirm, which was named “6.2.0-something” build(Not sure what the difference is between the 6.5 Builds) and it also appears on that. And is from this now broken link(at least for me): https://jenkins.tribler.org/job/Build-Tribler_WinSrvr2008R2_64_emilon/65/

So, i’m not sure where it originated from, i’ve done clean installs a few times, and it does happen with those builds, but not with RC-7.

Here’s a image of how it looks, one empty from the 6.2 build, and one from, and one from a RC-6 build. (exact name in the top corner.) http://i.imgur.com/QyEFG6V.png and http://i.imgur.com/nBdrHHg.png.

So, at least 3 builds which have it happen when you sort the torrents by Active. I’m not sure where i got the RC-6 one from. Not sure who to ask either. I’m pretty new in terms of knowledge about making programs and even using GitHub. To me, it was just there at some point when testing those.

That’s really weird, I’ve never seen that before. I haven’t seen RC6 doing that on my machines. I checked the devel branch and I don’t get any coloring there either.

I also Tried build 69 on my windows test machine and I’m not seeing any colored downloads there.

It has to be from somewhere, I doubt anything else is capable of making Tribler like that. I’m not really sure, memory is not working well, but if i remember correctly, it was just like that after swapping from Active sorting, to something else, and back on the first build i noticed it on. It’s only there on Active sorting and has been ever since, and it remembers the ratio/colour between different installs, so it does either save the upload download amounts, or Tribler already did that from before and saves the information in the .Tribler folder along with the rest of the torrent data.

Also did a search using Notepad ++, and while most stuff is a unreadable mess, normal text is readable, so i searched up the line about “colours represent” from the tribler files, and found it in list.pyo under Tribler\Tribler\main\vwxGUI.Was at line 447 in the 6.2.0 version. Installed RC7, and that very line is in that too, at line 445. There are some differences, not much i can make out with the tools i’m using though(i’m no programmer unfortunately, wish i was knowledgeable on this) I have also tried copy pasting the whole vwxGUI folder from a colour working version to the RC7 folder just for the sake of testing, without that seemingly doing anything different when running Tribler RC7 afterwards.

Also, quite interesting to know i have a feature you don’t even know about… Must have come from somewhere and someone though.

Got it!

I found a couple of other bugs while looking for this too :slight_smile:

The release version (which will be coming up shortly) will have the coloring working again.

The feature has been there all along, I just never stumbled upon it.

BTW, next time you want to look for stuff on the code, it’s better to just go to the github repository and use the search box there, it will save you a lot of pain.

Thanks for reporting this!

@Thomasedv: Could you try this build and see if everything is fine for you too?

It’s working :smile: Only thing is, the explanation at the bottom where it says “Colours represent upload/download ratio etc…” is missing, i’m not sure if you want it there, but i’d think it’d be best for people that are new to the feature to know what the coloring actually does. And maybe in the future, a way to disable it for people that don’t like the feature.

All in all pretty good, had a few troubles with the build to begin with, but i restarted the computer and all problems were gone, so i think it was just a result of the installation without restarting the computer. Also had a problem downloading tribler because of odd download speed and it finishing way before the complete file was downloaded, leaving an error upon trying to get it working, so i guess my computer really needed the restart…

The download location is still not remembered correctly, history is storing the path without the last folder, so d:\TVSEries\Seriename\season03\ is remebered as d:\TVSEries\Seriename.

With the latest build, installed today, a anonymous no download stays no as it should, So that bug is fixed.

Took 55 minutes to install
15 minutes to build circuits
after 30 thirty minutes only 7 torrents are seeding; 2 torrents are awaiting downloading;20 torrents are awaiting checking.
Still main problem not seeing many real connections.
I have all torrents, for seeding, at level 1 (is it now known as 1 hop)
but 5 of the torrents (seeding) show people wanting to connect but can not (???)
My server is running at 53 ms (currently) and I am guaranteed 1 mg upload and download max individually.
So same problem, I noted on the 4.6.3 version.
Is this a TOR problem and not a Tribler problem???

Yes, we know about that one. We decided to leave it for the next bugfix release as that part of the code is in need of a rework.

55 minutes to install? Have you checked if your hard disk is dying?

I assume what when you say TOR you are referring to the tunnel community? (Tribler doesn’t use TOR)

my sceen is 1920x1024, but the lastest build looks like 1280x700. How to change the font size?

Appears to run Faster than the Older versions but I still do not get thumbnails on the bottom…

And I get lots of results searching…

Tribler 6.5-RC7, ubuntu 15.10 , when i try to click on the Settings button, nothing happens, and the log says:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/Tribler/Main/vwxGUI/TopSearchPanel.py”, line 158, in OnSettings
self.guiutility.ShowPage(‘settings’)
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/Tribler/Main/vwxGUI/init.py”, line 128, in invoke_func
func(*args, **kwargs)
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/Tribler/Main/vwxGUI/GuiUtility.py”, line 122, in ShowPage
dialog = SettingsDialog()
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/Tribler/Main/vwxGUI/settingsDialog.py”, line 92, in init
self._experimental_panel, self._experimental_id = self.__create_s5(tree_root, hsizer)
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/Tribler/Main/vwxGUI/settingsDialog.py”, line 709, in __create_s5
self._emc_port.SetValue(self.utility.read_config(‘emc_port’))
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/Tribler/Main/vwxGUI/widgets.py”, line 439, in SetValue
wx.TextCtrl.SetValue(self, value)
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/wx-2.8-gtk2-unicode/wx/_controls.py”, line 1754, in SetValue
return controls.TextCtrl_SetValue(*args, **kwargs)
TypeError: String or Unicode type required

Sometimes it works when i click on it the first time, after that it wont.