New 6.5 version is a disaster in my Linux 17.3 HELP

I had a really nice experience with Tribler 6.4.3 and I tried to upgrade yesterday to 6.5. Since than I can’t install Tribler anymore. I get a message. Fault: Dependency is not possible to fulfil in: libsodium13.
I looked everywhere how to solve this.

Linux helpdesk says that it is a bug and 2 installations of Tribler are having problems because of a Linux fault.
So I removed my whole installation of Linux twice. I formatted my whole disk and installed again. Now it is still doing the same warning and I cannot install Tribler. Not any version anymore. Ik keep on getting this message.

It must be something in Tribler now? My disk is superclean

Does anyone have an idea what else to do?

Beppie

You certainly went through a lot of trouble, installing linux cleanly twice.

Your post says you have Linux 17.3, so that means you’re running Mint Linux probably.

This is the website that will help you install the essential piece of software that Tribler requires:
https://download.libsodium.org/doc/

We’ll try to get it running on your box, please don’t hesitate to post additional problems. -j

Thanks, but I have no idea how to get this file installed.

The last I tried is:
tar -zxvf libsodium.tar.gz
tar (child): libsodium.tar.gz: Functie open() is mislukt: Bestand of map bestaat niet
tar (child): Error is not recoverable: exiting now
tar: Child returned status 2
tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now

I do not understand that it says the error not recoverable. I cannot get the terminal to follow the path. I have unpacked the file, but I do not know how to install the map in its total.

Thank you for helping me

It seems tar fails to find the libsodium.tar.gz file you downloaded. This all requires a bit of Linux administration and wizardry.

Perhaps try in a terminal:
curl -O https://download.libsodium.org/libsodium/releases/libsodium-1.0.8.tar.gz tar -xvfz libsodium-1.0.8.tar.gz

Na weer een hele dag, zelfs met hulp te zijn bezig geweest heb ik ondertussen mijn besturingsprogramma gewijzigd van Linux naar Ubuntu en krijg dezelfde meldingen. Libsodium is inmiddels geinstalleerd, maar nu krijg ik continu een probleem met Python-Cryptography. Dit is nu volledig geinstalleerd, maar ik blijf de melding houden. Ik heb het geprobeerd nogmaals te installeren en krijg de volgende melding.

paraj@paraj-MS-7255:~$ sudo apt-get install build-essential libssl-dev libffi-dev python-dev
[sudo] password :
Pakketlijsten worden ingelezen… Klaar
Boom van vereisten wordt opgebouwd
De status informatie wordt gelezen… Klaar
build-essential is al de nieuwste versie.
python-dev is al de nieuwste versie.
libffi-dev is al de nieuwste versie.
libssl-dev is al de nieuwste versie.
0 pakketten opgewaardeerd, 0 pakketten nieuw geïnstalleerd, 0 te verwijderen en 0 niet opgewaardeerd.

Alles werkt prima maar Tribler is niet te installeren in Linux of Ubuntu. Ik vraag mij echt af of ik nu de enige ben die hier problemen mee heeft.
Ik weet niet meer hoe nu verder en wat ik als volgende stap kan doen?

Groetjes Beppie

That was stupid. I wrote in dutch. But so far I have installed Ubuntu 14.4 to try it again, but it installs Libsodium but it asks for python-cryptography. In ubuntu I installed an extra package, but still it does not work. I installed Linux 17.3 alongside and tried it there again, but it keeps on saying that it wants python-cryptography. I installed all kinds of extra packages from python with wx, but still it keeps on saying this.
Now I managed to install the Tribler-v6.5.0.tar.xz from your site and how strange, it installs only Tribler 6.2.
When I tried again to install Tribler_6.5.0_all.deb it start all over again with the python-cryptography story.

What can be done next
I have a i386 32 bit computer.

Thanks Beppie

SOLVED!

The dependencies of Python can be downloaded here:

32 bit

https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/vivid/i386/python-cryptography/0.5.2-1

64 bit

https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/utopic/amd64/python-cryptography/0.5.2-1

It works!

Great to hear! enjoy Tribler :slight_smile:

Ik loop ook te klooien in al die jaren hebben ze linux op dit vlak niet gebruiksvriendelijker gemaakt.

Had toch wel eens gehoopt dat er een universele installer zal gaan komen waarmee alle linux gerelateerde bestanden geïnstalleerd kunnen worden.

Je moet eerst een cursus Terminal gaan volgen wil je een programma kunnen installeren een character letter of punt verkeert en het lukt werkt niet.

This is an international forum, please stick to english.

Cheers!