Negative credit

Not Even Down Loading Letting it run Idle. Trying to Mine first Left it run all Night and I am at Negative 20 MEGS! Tribler 7.1.0

I have the exact same problem. I am running at a -3.7 Gigs of credit right now! I want to seed and help the community but Tribler doesn’t want to seed!

@dragonsouce @snivel Thank you for your feedback. If you’re credit mining, then Tribler needs to download the content first before it can upload to requesting peers. This accounts for the negative balance, then the balance should gradually increases with every upload that happens.

If you’re not credit mining, then it could be a bug in which case we would like to investigate more. For that, if we will need your Trustchain Id (which is also your Trustchain public key) as shown in the picture below.

Debug pane -> Trustchain -> id

At least for me, there seems to be some issue in the credit mining decision process. There is one thing that seems to be a bug and it cost me at least 10G of credit (and my credit also seems to only go down by turning on credit mining, though I haven’t run it for long, so we’ll see in the long run).

The credit mining system for Tribler 7.1.3 (or maybe the previous version; I just updated) decided to download a 10G file as the first file it would seed for credit. Then, after it had downloaded the entire thing, the file mysteriously disappeared (I guess this could technically have been another program, or the OS, or something, but I don’t know why anything else would be messing with Tribler’s files, so my best guess is that it was a bug in Tribler), leaving me with nothing to seed, but a 10G credit debt.

Anyway, it’s not clear that credit mining is working as intended, my current token balance is -17G, whereas, if I’d literally tried to do no seeding, it would be at -3G (if my understanding is correct: I’ve downloaded 3G of files that I wanted through Tribler with the 1 hop setting).

I am currently at -19GB trying to mine, I think you have a problem. I did download 1 thing to test the app but that was only 802MB.

Also how does one create a new torrent?

I have been sitting at -3.1G the last couple days… I am seeding 6 files, I see the files uploading - I assume that means people are downloading my files… but I am still at -3.1

I now have a -64.2GB Token Balance from trying to ‘mine’.
My debug pane doesn’t have a trustchain

Did you enable the debug mode? After you do a new window pop up and it has a tab called Trustchain