Mac storage queries

Looking into storage (Mac is slow) I see it’s too full.
Checking what to delete or move I see a 12 GB film I attempted to download on Tribler a long time ago. It did not download and I stopped waiting. Thought it removed and not showing in Tribler.
I found it in my computer but it was almost an empty file.
Yet it showed in my system information as using 12+GB storage. I deleted it.
Another, 8GB, same issues.
I’m working through still.
Can anyone explain this please?
Does Tribler use this space on my computer while waiting for the download? Or what’s using that space please? I am not up with how it works.
thanks very much

1 Like

@2481 What version of Tribler were you using? Being a Mac user myself, I often find myself in your situation. Low storage is always an issue with MacOS. Regarding Tribler issue you mentioned, I’m not sure what was wrong. There are basically two default locations where Tribler will store files.

1. /Users//.Tribler - This is where the configuration files are stored
  2. /Users//Downloads/TriblerDownloads - This is the default download location where all your torrents are download. This location is configurable in settings so could be different if you have changed it.

Other than these two locations, Tribler should not store any files.

Checking what to delete or move I see a 12 GB film I attempted to download on Tribler a long time ago. It did not download and I stopped waiting.

It is true that starting of download in anonymous mode (default) can take some time to build the anonymous circuit. However, nothing should have been downloaded if you had stopped. Another thing to note is that stopped torrents are not deleted, you will have to explicitly select ‘remove download’ to remove the download.