It takes two months to download!

It took almost two months to complete my first download ! ( 4 GB video). The other 2 d/l awaiting completion are only at 21% after more than two months! What is wrong?
I am afraid the longer it takes , the less the anonymity .
I wouldn’t mind updating to 7.2.1., but I am afraid to lose the d/l connection and have to start all over again. It it won’t make a difference, then no point in updating.
Any suggestions, comments?

Thanks

Ittiandro

Hello @ittiandro

Updating my stable (not experimental / alpha / rcX) version to stable version, i never loose down / up list or anything else.

One time, when launching Tribler (v 7.2.0 ??) , all parameters seemed to be reseted for something like 3 minutes, and then each parameters re-appaered. Strange.

Your download speed depends on …

• the number of HOP you choose - more anonymity mean a longer way to join you, so physically and statistically a slowdown in speed
  • the number of seeders in the first instance, of leechers also, and the speed of a percentage of them - 25% of seeders got good fiber channel at home (Random example https://www.xfinity.com/hub/internet/best-comcast-xfinity-internet-deals) and that’s paradise
    :rainbow:

You should keep in mind that …

• “Classic” web here *
    Seeders with good internet connection for what u want
  • “Classic” web here *
    /\
    ||
    \/
  • TRIBLER Enter/exit NODE *
    /\
    || * Tribler Network *
    \/
    1 HOP
    /\
    || * Tribler Network *
    \/
    2 HOP
    /\
    || * Tribler Network *
    \/
    You and your Down / Up <=> 2 HOP <=> 1 HOP your seeders inside * Tribler Network *

Each of these steps can be a bottleneck speaking on speed

Good day

The version 7.2.0 contains a few critical bugs we managed to fix in 7.2.2
We have 1 nasty one still being fixed, 7.2.3 is coming. Please upgrade, partial downloads are preserved.