Have to click through 42 error messages each time Tribler starts

The errors all have the format of:

tribler.exe - Entry Point Not Found

The procedure entry point xxx could not be located in the dynamic link library yyy

All reference dll’s under the VLC\plugins directory.

Tribler Version: 7.0.2
VLC Version: 2.2.6

This is likely caused by an incompatibility between the VLC that Tribler expects and the VLC installed on your system. We recently switched to bundling the required VLC libraries with the Tribler software so in the next release, we hope this is solved :slight_smile:

1 Like

Maybe you should check for existing VLC and not change peoples libraries? you’re not loading them in your folder, so they are causing some “dll hell” to happen

In the upcoming release, we bundle VLC within our Tribler installer so we don’t touch/modify any system-installed VLC.

If you have a Windows install, I will test.

We will post a new experimental release tomorrow!

Same issue here. When tribler installs, it downgrades my VLC to version 2.2.6 but I still get the error.

For anyone having issues with this: since the 7.1.0 experimental releases, we no longer install VLC as a separate program on Windows. Instead, we bundled VLC so Tribler does not interfere with any installed version of VLC. As I pointed out in another thread, please try to download and install the latest version of Tribler which you can download directly from our infrastructure: https://jenkins-ci.tribler.org/job/Build_Tribler_next/

I just downloaded and installed the latest version of tribler and i have the same problem still.

there’s dozens of errors just like this one that i have to click through before the ui starts. Also I’ve noticed tribler has more errors since this began.

@dagai Could you try the latest release and let us know if you still have this problem?
Installer file is available from Github link below:
https://github.com/Tribler/tribler/releases

Just upgraded to 7.1.0-rc1 version and it appears to be working. Why this isn’t front-facing on your website and is downloaded from a third party is beyond me but at least it works now.

@dagai Good to know that 7.1.0-rc1 is working. About putting it in the website, it is a RC1 so not present in the website. We’ll be releasing a stable version of 7.1.0 which will be available in the website.

When I had the problem Dagai reported I just did a reinstall of a fresh VLC version. That worked. Which is strange now that Tribler incorperated a vlc version. Isn’t it?

@venttoux That sounds strange. Were you using the latest stable release Tribler 7.1.0? If not, please try the latest release and report back.

I was using the version prior to 7.1.0.rc1. (Both rc’s for 7.1.0 produce a lot of errors by the way, which I reported as requested.)

@venttoux Thank you for reporting. We appreciate your continuous support.