Great idea but needs work as it is too slow

I put in 10 magnet links using lowest proxy setting and a half hour later still not one has started downloading… that is really unacceptable. I suggest you have your own vpn or proxy that it will use and that is quick. also the downloads should start within a minute or two. anything more is just too slow. I know it is setup right as I have successfully downloaded using current settings but first time I put in like 5 downloads and the next day I had one complete and three still hadn’t started yet and when I used same links in utorrent using a single proxy they all started immediately and finished within an hour

Most torrents should start pretty much instantly. I know sometimes, Tribler has had trouble creating connections, but after that, it should work at pretty decent speeds. It’s only very low normal speed torrents that it seem to struggle with for me sometimes. Though, that’s entirely up to the torrent.

well after about 40 minutes 0 out of 10 had started download so i just gave up and used utorrent which took all those magnet links and started in les than two minutes using a proxy and all finished in about an hour… I should mention that I have 350mb speed (RCN)

The problem could be the torrent associated with the magnet links.

1. How popular are the torrents?
    a) ten or more seeders
    b) fifty or more peers

this means good to excellent speeds for D/L and U/L UNLESS the torrents are designated private only.

1c) 3 seeders or less
1d) 6 peers or less

this means slow to very slow D/L and U/L.

Also, the demand for the torrent 100 or peers trying to download lowers the bandwith for each one trying to D/L.
( not all P2P persons use their complete bandwith to seed and D/L. I use 35% of my bandwith for P2P.)
I have been D/L two torrents for over two weeks or more because the lack of interest but good torrents to me.

I have twenty more that have lack of interest but not as bad as the two above.
Some seeders and peers from a forum request assistance and I like the torrents so I am keeping some old torrents alive.