Gain popularity to your Channel & favorite channel explaned

Some channels have a popularity of 32.020
I have a mere popularity of 1 (myself).
(for the interested it is “ == ExtraTorrent ==”; ± 1600 torrents)

So how do they do it?
Is there a place where you can “advertise” your channel?

Kind regards
Aldo

Hi,

We don’t have dedicated places to advertise a channel but you can share your channel identifier with other users. These users can subscribe themselves to that channel by entering the channel id.

Hope this helps!

Hoi

My channel id is: 1e7957e4e9f5e6bb0995b67a06a10051d53681c2

But for the channel “Kickass Torrents”, I had to favorite it to see the content?
(now I see the content without favorite it (maybe because I favorite it once?))

Kind regards
Aldo

Tribler will synchronise some of the content (around 50-100 torrents) in a channel if you did not favourite it. After you favourite it, all content will be synchronised. When you unfavourite it, the content won’t be lost but will still be available offline.

1 Like

Hoi

Thanks Martijn.

Maybe this is kind of off topic but it seems that the favorite Channel’s content does not sync with the Tribler full search? (only when inside the selected channel search)

Met vriendelijke groeten
Aldo

PS: using version 6.5.2 (maybe completely different in v. 7)

Hi,

We’ve changed the search algorithm significantly in Tribler 7 so this might be solved in the new version. You can test the Tribler 7 alpha version if you want (https://jenkins.tribler.org/job/Build_Tribler_devel/202/).

Hoi,

Thanks, I saw that the 7.0 alpha version on github had only a zip an tar.gz format, couldn’t make it work :slight_smile:

Regards
Aldo

Yes, that’s because it not officially public yet and it needs some more polishing :relieved: