External torrents and anonymity?

Hi,

Just tried Tribler (from the experimental 6.6.0 prerelease deb that doesn’t need wxgtk 2.8) and I’m a bit confused about the tunneled downloads through exit nodes. I tried adding an “external torrent” through a magnet link, made sure the box was ticked for downloading anonymously. It started downloading at a rate of over a MB/s, I see many peers using Vuze, uTorrent, etc. in the peers tab but I can also see with a traffic monitor that rather than using a proxy my computer is exchanging packets directly with these peers and it kinda looked like some of it was data from the torrent. Tried another too and again there were some packets but it did seem like downloads were happening even while I wasn’t communicating directly…

Is this how it’s supposed to work, is there some communication directly to the peers even when proxied? How can I make sure I’m not downloading directly?

As an update most of the time it seems like the communication that does seemingly always occur with the other peers directly is something else than actual data transfers but now I’ve seen it multiple times that there very clearly data being transferred directly from other peers even while anonymity is enabled… Must be a bug?

I’d add that the behavior where I’ve seen data being transferred without proxying while the torrent was set as anonymous might be related to another bug I read about, namely that streaming a torrent is never anonymous. I may have accidentally clicked the streaming button and then cancelled for these torrents that it happened with. This could mean it permanently swaps to the downloading the torrent directly in the clear if streaming is attempted even for a moment.