Copyright Infringement Notice

Exactly how anonymous is this supposed to be?

I’ve been downloading with bittorrent for YEARS, a total of almost 2 terabytes down and 4 terabytes up, and I’ve never once gotten a copyright infringement notice from Comcast. Not even one full day using Tribler, and I’ve got a copyright violation notice from them.

I’ve checked that everything is set to be the most anonymous… This just doesn’t seem right

Farcry 5 on Tribler… 77 BILLION Weeks and 3 Days…

Bittorrent… 40 minutes

I know there is supposed to be a little sacrifice for anonymity… But WOW… Downloads in the kb scale if you’re lucky and most of the time in bytes!?!

I just found out about this Tribler thing, but after looking over the web o’ sphere, it’s been around for a while. It looks like there is potential, but I dunno

Was it a generic reply from comcast or did it have the name of the file/hash address of the file you were downloading???

Now that you mention it, it was just a generic message without the name of the file/hash address.

That could mean comcast knows what tribler is and comcast is watching how long you are on tribler.

an earlier topic noted “metadata” is being traced. I am not sure if there was a response to that topic.

After Tribler 6.5.2, speeds have been extremely slow for tribler users but a few still state they have Mbit D/L.

I Don’t received that D/L speed at all maybe 50 kbits at the most but I use a VPN.

@omnisis Regarding anonymity, downloading/seeding is anonymous as long as you specify one or more hops. However, this does have an effect on the download/upload speed.
On the other hand, metadata retrieval for the torrent is not fully anonymous yet but downloading metadata does not necessarily imply you are downloading the torrent so it should be pretty ok.

Also, we have a new performance engineer working on improving the performance of anonymous downloading/seeding and have already got some good results so you can expect better speed in next release.

Thanks for the replies and info. I do see the potential and I do hope things progress well. I’ll keep at it and see how it goes… But I REALLY hope things be done to speed up transfer speeds… I haven’t seen speeds this slow since the early days of Napster!