Dear Tribler Community,
The third experimental release of Tribler 7.5 series is ready for testing. It features many bug fixes and performance improvements over 7.5.0-exp2
The major change in this release is a complete refactoring of Video Streaming component that from now on is based on AIOHTTP. So, streaming finally works again!
So far, major features introduced in 7.5 series:
- Asyncio-based reactor (improves performance, stability and response times of the Core)
- Nested Channels Core and GUI support. Users can now create and maintain an unlimited number of personal channels with arbitrary sub-tree of “folders” for organizing personal content.
- Home Screen is removed in favour of Discovered screen
- Startup time is greatly improved, along with Channels performance.
- Video streaming works again.
- DHT requests go through Tunnels by default to improve anonymity.
- in a nested channel, a folder’s state will be wrongly indicated as “Preview”, even though the contents are shown in full;
- seeking a video stream does not always work.
As usual, it is advised to backup your Tribler state directory before checking it out.