Tribler 7.13.2 release is out!

We are excited to announce Tribler 7.13.2, a bugfix release that notably fixes a Windows bug that occasionally causes Tribler to crash. If you’re using Tribler 7.13.1 on Windows, we recommend you to upgrade to this release.

Download

The binaries are available below, or you can download them from the official release page at the GitHub repository:

Note: Some antivirus software falsely flags the Windows 32-bit version of Tribler. When investigating the issue, we found that the Python builder we use (PyInstaller) is being flagged even for a simple Hello World program. So, your antivirus might flag Tribler as malware if you’re using the 32-bit version. Therefore, we suggest you use the 64-bit version if you can.

If you encounter any problems using this release, you can create an issue ticket on GitHub or post it here in this forum.

For developers willing to contribute to Tribler with bug fixes or new features, please check out the Tribler contributing page, which provides the basic guidelines.

As always, you can find the Tribler source code on our Github repository or download it directly.

We hope you’ll enjoy using this version.
Cheers!

Doesn’t work. Use 7.13.0

Hi Turtleknee! Can you tell what error you had in 7.13.2 that did not affect 7.13.0?

No errors. Nothing downloads with 7.13.2. All torrents just sit at 0. Same torrents with 7.13.0 starts downloading within a few seconds.

Sorry to wake up a dead forum. Haven’t seen comments get replies in the past year. Thanks for the continued development, but some user interaction is necessary to keep engagement.

I’m not sure if this is related, but since Tribler 7.13.1 we’ve been using a different event loop on Windows. I made custom 7.13.3 release that uses the old event loop again:
https://jenkins-ci.tribler.org/job/Tribler/job/Build/job/Build-Windows/92/artifact/tribler/dist/Tribler_7.5.0-rc1-2940-gbbe3a27ef_x64.exe

Would you be willing to give this a try?? If so, be sure to backup your .Tribler directory first.

That version seems to work and continues to download. 7.13.3 would download for the first few minutes, then peers ans seeds start dropping and the download speed goes to 0 and stays there.

The install didn’t bring across my unfinished torrents that were there, so I didn’t thoroughly test it. I’ve gone back to 7.13.0 which I’m confident does work.

Thanks for trying! It sounds like this could be the problem, then. We’ll investigate this further.