Tribler isn't starting

Hi. I installed Tribler first time and program isn’t running. Program version is 6.5.1. I tried to reinstall, but this isn"t working. Log file:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “Tribler\Main\tribler_main.pyo”, line 1067, in run
File “Tribler\Main\tribler_main.pyo”, line 147, in init
File “Tribler\Main\tribler_main.pyo”, line 384, in InitStage1
File “Tribler\Core\Session.pyo”, line 104, in init
UnicodeDecodeError: ‘ascii’ codec can’t decode byte 0x9c in position 5: ordinal not in range(128)
I would be grateful, if you have any tips for that.

This bug is fixed but not yet released. this build should fix it for you.

It’s not working. I installed that, but when i’m starting Tribler i see error.
Log file is the same like before.

I’m afraid that on top of using this build, you will have to manually edit your config file:

Open %APPDATA%\.Tribler\libtribler.conf with a text editor, look for the line that starts with nickname = and remove the whole line.

Your nickname will be reset. You can now go to the settings panel and insert your nickname again.

I haven’t this file in this directory.

What are the contents of that directory?

You should see something like this:

In this directory i have this: http://imgur.com/vx9gZNb
All directories are empty.
I tried to run Tribler from another account without “ś” but error is the same.

Does your hostname contain non-ascii characters?

Yes. I changed it and Tribler is finally works. Thank you for your help and patience :wink:

Well, This needs to be fixed on Tribler anyway, so thanks for helping me find the culprit! :slight_smile:

Fix pushed!

Tribler won’t start.
It was working yesterday.
I’m on iMac OS X Yosemite 10.10.5
I’ve trashed the old version I was using and downloaded 6.5.2 (it shows as v.0.0.0 in get info?)
Is there a plist or other file that I need to trash?
Also btw I have to allow to permit the app to work (which it doesn’t of course) in system prefs.
I’m not a coder so not really capable of understanding most of the code discussions, sorry.

A miracle! Tribler started working again just now.
So its only been 24 hours since it stopped working.
Glad to have it back again.
Not sure if there’s anything that I can contribute re why it failed in the first place,haven’t made any changes since downloading and installing latest iteration of s’ware.
Thanks anyway.

Tribler not launching.
Was working yesterday.
Back to not launching again, latest version I have installed shows as 0.0.0 under Mac get info.
I’ve just downloaded it again, supposedly v.6.5.2, still won’t launch.