Tribler 7 release candidate 2 - Please test

Hi everyone,

We are close to releasing a major version of Tribler. We need help testing this. Downloads:

Windows (64-bit)
Windows (32-bit)
Linux
MacOS

Tribler 7 is one of our biggest releases: we designed and implemented a new and modern user interface, inspired by various well-known applications. This release also contains a developer-oriented RESTful API that can be used to control Tribler. Additionally, we fixed many bugs and have rewritten most of our components like the video player, the torrent health checker and the search result ranking algorithm.

We specifically want to focus on stability and iron out minor bugs. We really would like to know if Tribler crashes on your machine.

If you encounter any problems, please create a new issue on GitHub or post it on the forums, either in this thread or in a separate thread. If you wish to contribute to Tribler by fixing bugs, please check out this page which contains some basic pointers.

The source code can be found on our Github repository but you can also download it directly here.

Enjoy!

Correct Linux download URL: https://github.com/Tribler/tribler/releases/download/v7.0.0-rc2/tribler_7.0.0-rc2_all.deb

Make a possibility to add multiple torrent files at once.

Every tribler version after (v6.6.0-exp1 ) crash on tribler startup and this gives this error.No matter where i install it :disappointed:

And that error reporting windows not working either :disappointed:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “TriblerGUI\core_manager.py”, line 133, in on_received_state
RuntimeError: Unhandled Error
File “lib\site-packages\twisted\internet\base.py”, line 417, in fireEvent

File “lib\site-packages\twisted\internet\defer.py”, line 317, in addCallback

File “lib\site-packages\twisted\internet\defer.py”, line 306, in addCallbacks

File “lib\site-packages\twisted\internet\defer.py”, line 649, in _runCallbacks

— —
File “lib\site-packages\twisted\internet\base.py”, line 430, in _continueFiring

File “TriblerGUI\core_manager.py”, line 60, in start_tribler

File “Tribler\dispersy\util.py”, line 46, in helper

File “Tribler\dispersy\util.py”, line 225, in blockingCallFromThread

File “Tribler\Core\Session.py”, line 558, in start

File “Tribler\Core\APIImplementation\LaunchManyCore.py”, line 112, in register

File “Tribler\Core\leveldbstore.py”, line 65, in init

exceptions.UnicodeEncodeError: ‘ascii’ codec can’t encode character u’\xf6’ in position 17: ordinal not in range(128)

Yes, I can see how that would help polish downloading. This is put on the Tribler 7.1 feature list: https://github.com/Tribler/tribler/issues/2945

We are in feature freeze mode currently. We fixed 321 issues (really) for the 7.0 release, see the list: https://github.com/Tribler/tribler/milestone/13?closed=1
Thus it will go to into the next version.

Thnx Mosomi for reporting this! sorry we ignored it before. I’ve put this on our bug list:

Are you using a “special character” username?
See this bug we have: https://github.com/Tribler/tribler/issues/2862

if not…

could you delete and reset Tribler to see if that last ditch attempt works?

How do I reset Tribler completely?
To completely reset Tribler you can remove the settings directory in its entirety. This will completely wipe all settings and active downloads or seeds, as well as your download and upload history (and hence reset your reputation). Note that it will [i]notiremove the actual data, either partial or complete, of your downloads, just the knowledge that you were downloading them. Unless you put your downloads in the settings directory yourself, of course.
If you’re concerned about losing things nonetheless, you can also just temporarily rename the directory and start Tribler again to see what happens.
To find your settings directory, see below.
Where do I find the settings directory of Tribler?
Under Windows, depending on the version and settings, either of these two:
%APPDATA%.Tribler
%APPDATA%\roaming.Tribler
You can enter the %APPDATA% directory by opening an explorer, typing %APPDATA% in the address bar and then hitting Enter.
Under Linux or Mac the .Tribler directory is stored in your home directory, /home/USERNAME/.Tribler Note that, since it begins with a ., it will be hidden by default. Search the web to find out how to see hidden files depending on your environment ( Ubuntu / Gnome / Nautilus, Kubuntu / KDE / Dolphin / Konqueror, MacOS / Finder).

I’ve corrected the download URL.

Delete tribler settings directory.This i know and have tried
"special character" i think this is the issue my username contains letters ä and ö
And the question i got my @ answer is yes i have time

It would be really great if you could create another Windows users on your machine without special characters and confirm that this is the “root-cause-of-failure”. We’re trying to see if we can come up with a dirty fix for the ä and ö problem…

Yes those two letters are the issue.With different account (no special character) worked without crashing

Awesome! we’re soon have a fixed up version ready we hope for you to test.
ongoing work: https://github.com/Tribler/tribler/pull/2949

I’m still unable to download any torrent anonymously (also with torrents that are widely shared). Seeds and peers never exceed zero.

ai, your right. It fails to work for me also now with this udp tracker links in this magnet://…

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:9f7364e21f1b685441c990f7800ac97b80483320&dn=Apache%20OpenOffice%204.1.1&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.publicbt.com%3A80&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3A80&tr=http%3A%2F%2Ftracker.istole.it%2Fannounce

I will install it tonight.

UPDATE 22-5-2017

I have installed the program has already been frozen several times.

Time for a update. OS. Windows 8.1

Hi,

I installed clean on Windows 7 and throws me a error:

Warning: option --plugin-path no longer exists.
QSslSocket: cannot resolve TLSv1_1_client_method
QSslSocket: cannot resolve TLSv1_2_client_method
QSslSocket: cannot resolve TLSv1_1_server_method
QSslSocket: cannot resolve TLSv1_2_server_method

What’s the matter?

I’ve already reported https://github.com/Tribler/tribler/issues/2963 but I am also having the same issues as the people in this thread Tribler 7 release candidate 1 - Please test where if any hops were enabled then downloading/uploading doesn’t work.

It used to get stuck at “Retrieving Metadata” on v7.0.0-rc1, but now gets stuck on “Downloading 0%” on v7.0.0-rc2. I’ve tested with multiple official Ubuntu torrents, along with random stuff, and it never works.

when wil start formal tribler 7 ???

I don’t use tribler 7 beta

I installed clean on Windows 8.1 and throws me a error:

QSslSocket: cannot resolve TLSv1_1_client_method
QSslSocket: cannot resolve TLSv1_2_client_method
QSslSocket: cannot resolve TLSv1_1_server_method
QSslSocket: cannot resolve TLSv1_2_server_method

What’s the matter?

and when wil start formal tribler 7 ???

There are a lot off problems with this version

See my posts.

For several days, I can not add torrent files in Tribler.

And

I use now Tribler 6.5.2. slower than Tribler_7.0.0-rc2 but stabile.

Hello,

I prefer to post here before to report a useless bug on GitHub: Tribler_7.0.0-rc2_x86.exe crashes before launching GUI on my computer, which runs Windows 10 x64 1703 (I obtain the same behavior with Tribler_7.0.0-rc2-25-gbc8991f_x86.exe.). But perhaps that this version of Tribler is not supposed to work on this version of Windows? Indeed, I have no significiant problems with Tribler_7.0.0-rc2_x64.exe.

Just in case, here is the output of the terminal window:

Qt: Untested Windows version 10.0 detected!
File “run_tribler.py”, line 9, in
File “c:\python27\lib\site-packages\PyInstaller-3.3.dev0+b78bfe5-py2.7.egg\PyInstaller\loader\pyimod03_importers.py”, line 389, in load_module
File “TriblerGUI\tribler_window.py”, line 18, in
File “c:\python27\lib\site-packages\PyInstaller-3.3.dev0+b78bfe5-py2.7.egg\PyInstaller\loader\pyimod03_importers.py”, line 389, in load_module
File “TriblerGUI\core_manager.py”, line 20, in
File “Tribler\Core\Session.py”, line 25, in
File “Tribler\Core\APIImplementation\LaunchManyCore.py”, line 23, in
File “Tribler\Core\Modules\search_manager.py”, line 7, in
File “Tribler\community\search\community.py”, line 16, in
File “Tribler\community\channel\preview.py”, line 1, in
File “Tribler\community\channel\community.py”, line 16, in
File “Tribler\dispersy\community.py”, line 26, in
File “Tribler\dispersy\conversion.py”, line 7, in
File “lib\site-packages\M2Crypto_init_.py”, line 22, in
File “c:\python27\lib\site-packages\PyInstaller-3.3.dev0+b78bfe5-py2.7.egg\PyInstaller\loader\pyimod03_importers.py”, line 546, in load_module
ImportError: DLL load failed: Le module spÚcifiÚ est introuvable.
Failed to execute script run_tribler

You must download and update to the last version of python than can you install Tribler.