Tribler - 7.1.0 stable release

Dear Tribler Community,

We are very happy to release a stable release Tribler 7.1.0 which includes several enhancements and bug fixes. This release is a major milestone in our roadmap. As always, we would like you to try using this release and send us your valuable feedbacks.

You can download Tribler for your favorite distribution below:
Windows(64-bit)
Windows (32-bit)
Linux
MacOS

To report any problems, please create a new issue on GitHub or post it on the forum, either in this thread or in a separate thread. If you wish to contribute to Tribler by fixing bugs or adding features, please check out this page which provides basic pointers to get started.

The source code can be found on our Github repository but you can also download it directly here.

Enjoy!

1 Like

It’s nice to be back in the positive token balance now that the accounting is fixed! :smiley:

1 Like

Not sure if it is me but as 7.1.0 appears to be new I thought I post it.
On my 2011 iMac running El Capitan 10.11.6 this final version of Tribler appears to crash.
Earlier versions worked fine and even the 7.1.0 beta started ok (although downloads didn’t appear to start).

Just let me know what logs I can help to provide

Thank you for your report. Do you see any error message? If not, could you post the contents of the log in your state directory? On Mac, you can find this state directory in /Users/YOURUSERNAME/.Tribler/logs, where YOURUSERNAME is the username of the current user.

If you want, you could also email them to me since they might contain information you do not want to share :slight_smile:

I checked the directory you indicated.
There was a crashreport.log file there (dated today and with the right time) but this was empty.

I do have the logging that Mac OS reported could that be of any help?
How can I sent that via email?

I think you can copy the text from the MacOS crash reporter directly to your clipboard. You can find my email address on my GitHub profile, see https://github.com/devos50. Hopefully, it contains enough information to solve your problem :+1:

I encountered the following error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “TriblerGUI\event_request_manager.py”, line 130, in on_read_data
RuntimeError: [Failure instance: Traceback (failure with no frames): <type ‘exceptions.RuntimeError’>: Node Peer<108.34.182.14:7759, vkAFhJP1iz+uTBPRQSdVsCUcoEM=> timeout
]

Are you on El Capitan 10.11.6 ?

We will fix that error, I’ve now also seen that on a Mac. Appologies that this sliped in, Tribler 7.1 can’t survive one night on Mac, crashes usually. All reports and fixes will be published here and Github: https://github.com/Tribler/tribler/issues/3967

No, I’m on Windows 10 x64.

This is a known error in our DHT community. We prioritized the issue and will fix it as soon as we can.