Tribler 7.1.0 release candidate 1

Hi everyone,

We just released the first RC of Tribler 7.1. We kindly ask your help in testing this release. Please download your respective distribution from here:

Windows (64-bit)
Windows (32-bit)
Linux
MacOS

Compared to our last release (Tribler 7.1 beta), we fixed various bugs and replaced the Electrum Bitcoin wallet implementation with another one. We also improved stability on Windows, Mac, and Linux. For more detailed information, please find the changelog here.

If you encounter any problems, please create a new issue on GitHub or post it on the forum, either in this thread or in a separate thread. If you wish to contribute to Tribler by fixing bugs, please check out this page which contains some basic pointers.

The source code can be found on our Github repository but you can also download it directly here.

Enjoy!

Hi Devos,

About a month ago, you explained how the token balancing system worked, but I’m under the impression that it currently isn’t counting the way you explained it. When installing this beta, my balance was up hundreds of megabytes. Since then, I’ve downloaded about 2GB in total, mostly using one hop. Nevertheless, after downloading, my token balance was down 12GB.

Thank you for your report. This is not expected indeed. I will try to reproduce it.

About the latest releases (7.1 beta and the next, release candidate 1): there’s a fine increase in the numbers of seeds and peers, so I hoped to see speed improvement too, expecting that more seeds and peers means more multiple connections. Where’s the increase coming from?
The new token balance seems to work with strange data: I can’t figure out what is counted.

Thanks for this release!

I’m fairly new to this, and while I’ve used Tribler in the past this is the first version I’ve used with the “token balance” feature. I’m a little confused by what’s going on with it, but maybe it’s the same bug that the person above was having.

I’m downloading a 1.2 GB file, and had a balance of 0 at the start. Now it’s only 25% done yet my balance is now down to negative 7.7 GB :confused:

Hello! Installed Tribler 7.1.0-rc1 x64 on Windows 10, and I’m unable to make it work. The only thing I see is a message telling Failed to execute script phy_rth_twisted. Similar bug Tribler 7.0.2 x64 on Windows 10. Install location: C:\Program Files\Tribler. No errors in Windows log.
fatal_error