Tribler 7.0.2 release

Hi everyone,

We just released Tribler 7.0.2 with various bug fixes and we need your help in testing this release. Please download your respective distribution from here:

Windows(64-bit)
Windows (32-bit)
Linux
MacOS

With more interesting features coming up with next major version of Tribler, we specifically wanted to focus on stability and iron out minor bugs for this minor release. So, we would really like you to report us if Tribler does not work well for you.

If you encounter any problems, please create a new issue on GitHub or post it on the forum, either in this thread or in a separate thread. If you wish to contribute to Tribler by fixing bugs, please check out this page which contains some basic pointers.

The source code can be found on our Github repository but you can also download it directly here.

Enjoy!

My download list is empty since today. Tribler 7.0.2 did work fine for a while. However, yesterday I had to do a hard shutdown of my PC due to a malfunctioning SD-card reader that froze up my PC.

Any idea how I can get my downloads back in the list?

I have the same problem.

Tribler 7.0.2 was working flawlessly since release.

I had to shut my computer down due to severe thunderstorm with tornado.
Turned it back on today, started up Tribler, and my downloads are gone from the list. …

Wait, nope it’s back.

Took some time to come back I guess.
Everything appeared as I was typing. Haha.

Did the same thing happen to you, LesVerres ?

Just wait a while (I’ve been working on things in other open windows).

To the Tribler team, thanks for creating and crafting this wonderful project.

Unfortunately no, the list stayed empty after waiting about 20 minutes, and remained empty after restarting Tribler.

I think there’s a memory leak in Tribler 7.0.2. After letting it run for several days, it was using 15GB of memory. It’s not a one-time event, this keeps happening…

+1 on the memory leak. This has been present for several releases. I’m on Windows 10, by the way.

Also, there is a bug in the settings regarding seeding. Unlimited Seeding does not work. If I select it, seeding stops at 1.0 as if nothing changed. I changed the setting to seed until bigger than 2.0, and my torrent started uploading to people again.

Thank you all for reporting. We just released a new experimental version with several fixes for memory leaks. Please test it out and let us know if you still face this issue.
Tribler v7.1.0-exp2

I started using the experimental build and from the few hours of usage, it looked like the memory was more under control, but would need to test more rigorously of course.

I got a crash though. I’m clicking on send but I’ll put it here as well:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “TriblerGUI\event_request_manager.py”, line 127, in on_read_data
RuntimeError: Unhandled Error
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “lib\site-packages\twisted\internet\endpoints.py”, line 139, in connectionLost

File “lib\site-packages\twisted\web_newclient.py”, line 964, in dispatcher

File “lib\site-packages\twisted\web_newclient.py”, line 1651, in _connectionLost_WAITING

File “lib\site-packages\twisted\web_newclient.py”, line 1573, in _disconnectParser

— —
File “lib\site-packages\twisted\web_newclient.py”, line 554, in connectionLost

File “lib\site-packages\twisted\web_newclient.py”, line 964, in dispatcher

File “lib\site-packages\twisted\web_newclient.py”, line 1220, in _bodyDataFinished_CONNECTED

File “lib\site-packages\twisted\web\client.py”, line 2156, in connectionLost

File “lib\site-packages\twisted\internet\defer.py”, line 500, in errback

File “lib\site-packages\twisted\internet\defer.py”, line 560, in _startRunCallbacks

twisted.internet.defer.AlreadyCalledError:

ALSO, I noticed this at startup:

:0: UserWarning: You do not have a working installation of the service_identity module: ‘cannot import name opentype’. Please install it from https://pypi.python.org/pypi/service_identity and make sure all of its dependencies are satisfied. Without the service_identity module, Twisted can perform only rudimentary TLS client hostname verification. Many valid certificate/hostname mappings may be rejected.

I’m not sure about that, but if the app’s missing a dependency, wouldn’t we want a pop-up and something less cryptic to fix it?

Lastly, I clicked send in order to send the error report. It said it did so successfully, but then the program hung.

Has anyone reported the issue with the VCREDIST files?

When I install tribler on my C: drive in the default location, I end up with a bunch of VCREDIST files in the root of my D: drive…

AH! +1 on the VCREDIST bit as well! I didn’t realize that was Tribler doing that, it’s been driving me nuts. Please fix that, it’s terrible LOL.

When I first saw it, I freaked out. I was positive that I had been hacked or something.

Thank you all for your reports. We have been fixing many of the issues in Tribler 7.0.2 already!

Hello, I just tried to install the .deb for 7.02, and I get the following error:
The following packages have unmet dependencies.
tribler : Depends: libsodium18 but it is not installable or
libsodium13 but it is not installable
Recommends: python-treq but it is not going to be installed

After installing treq, the issue with libsodium remains: I do have libsodium, but libsodium23

I am on Ubuntu bionic

We will add support for libsodium23 in our upcoming 7.1 release :+1: