Some questions about privacy

When you first run Tribler, does it automatically assign a folder to share with other users? Or do you need to create a channel first and then assign a folder to the channel?

When you create a channel, does it only show(and make available) the .torrent files you created or does it also show other content such as videos, photos (.jpg, .mp4) etc

Ex: say you created a channel and left it empty, but the folder you assigned was full of videos and you never created torrents for those videos yet. Will it show the other users that you have those videos in your folder? are they able to download them if I havent created a .torrent file for them?

FYI - I installed v7.5.0rc4 so i dont see a folder created in Downloads folder.

When you first run Tribler, does it automatically assign a folder to share with other users? Or do you need to create a channel first and then assign a folder to the channel?

Tribler does not share contents of folders or files through its Channels system. Instead, it shares torrents. This means that if you want to share some file, you must first create a torrent from it and then add it to your personal channel.

When you create a channel, does it only show(and make available) the .torrent files you created or does it also show other content such as videos, photos (.jpg, .mp4) etc

The channel is only for sharing torrents metadata. It will only show and share the torrents you explicitly added to it.

Ex: say you created a channel and left it empty, but the folder you assigned was full of videos and you never created torrents for those videos yet. Will it show the other users that you have those videos in your folder? are they able to download them if I havent created a .torrent file for them?

There is no such feature in Tribler as “automatically share all contents from some folder”.