Change download location after download completed

Hello, thanks for Tribler. It’s been very useful for me.
I’ve amassed about 50 downloads and came to the point where I figured it would be best to organize them in subfolders.
So from the downloads tab I’d select a file, right click and ‘change download location’. From there I created a new subfolder and selected it. I saw the completed download get moved to the new folder (with Explorer - using Win7 btw).
However now in the Downloads tab, all those moved files are being… re-downloaded? Even though they had already been downloaded completed long before the ‘move’ operation.
So I don’t even know where the “new download” is being saved to! Very confused.
Please explain.
Thanks

UPDATE - why wasn’t my reply to DeadMansHooker ever posted? It was in “review” but then nothing happened.
Basically my reply was “I did that” and it still didn’t work.
My reply was not inflammatory in any sense and I think there is a bug in Tribler directly related to my question.

Upper right hand corner, two buttons; the one that looks like a gear; click on that.
It will show you the download location where the new downloads are going (maybe).

3 ways of stopping the new downloads:

1. right click on torrent :delete new download and data.
  2. delete the torrents
  3. delete the torrents and re-attached torrents to the files you have moved.
    3a) re-attaching by using button with a cross in it.
    (3) is for seeding the torrents for members in Tribler and other torrenters.

(Tribler Version 6.5.2 on Windows)

Thanks for responding.

I selected a file from the downloads tab, right clicked and "remove download"
Then used the ‘crosshair’ button and “Add an external .torrent” window pops up.
Then used its “Browse for Directory” to add the directory I had just removed.

However I didn’t see the directory/torrent get added in the Downloads.
Restarted Tribler. Still don’t see it. Re-added it with the crosshair - no difference.

Did I misunderstand your directions?