7.11.0-RC1 is out! Try it now

Dear Tribler Community,

Today we’re releasing Tribler 7.11.0-RC1 version. This version includes a tags features where you can add tags to torrents which increases the discoverability and searchability of torrents. We hope you’ll like it. Further, there are several bug fixes and performance enhancements over 7.10.0. Therefore, we’d like to ask you to upgrade and test the version. If you encounter any issues, please let us know. We hope you’ll like the release.

The binaries are available below or can be downloaded from the official release page at Github repository.
Windows(64-bit)
Windows (32-bit)
Linux
MacOS

Note: Win32 bit version is falsely flagged by some antivirus software. When investigated the issue, we found that the Python builder we use (PyInstaller) is being flagged even for a simple hello world program. So, it is possible that your antivirus might flag Tribler as malware if you’re using the 32-bit version. Therefore, we suggest you to use 64 bit version if you can.

If you encounter any problems using this release, you can either create an issue ticket in Github (link here) or simply post it here in this forum.

For developers willing to contribute to Tribler with bug fixes or new features please check out this page which provides the basic pointers to get started.

And as always, the source code can be found on our Github repository but you can also download it directly here.

We hope you’ll enjoy using this version.
Cheers!

Adding torrents from a folder does not work.

I’ve checked the feature, it works. Could you please come up with a step-by-step way to reproduce the problem? Also, what OS do you use?

Fresh install of Tribler 7.11.0-RC1 on Windows 10 21H1 64-bit. When selecting any download, I cannot resize columns under “Files” tab but I can still resize columns under “Trackers” and “Peers”.

That one’s auto-resizing now… What’s the use case for resizing it manually?

1. The “size” column is not resized properly. It shows the first two digits of the value and then dots for the rest like this:
    3.1 …
    30…
    99…
    3.1 …
    47…

2. Not everyone cares to see every column. With manual resize, one can enlarge the columns they prefer to see and shorten the columns they don’t.

3. Auto-resize is a great option for those who prefer it but should be an option that can be toggled on or off.

hmm…Everything is auto-resized correctly on my machine (Ubuntu). Could you please tell what OS do you use?
Also, do you see it on every torrent?

Oops, sorry, missed your previous info. You’re on Windows, I get it )

I’ve tried it on our Windows 10 VM, the column is resized correctly. Could you please provide a non-offending torrent that trigger this? Or at least a (blurred) screenshot?

Ok, I get it. I was using Russian localization, and the Russian header for “Size” is longer :man_facepalming:

The problem arose due to incorrect translation of menu items into Russian.
The problem occurred because of the incorrect translation of the menu items into Russian.
The first two items refer to torrent files - .torrent.
The Russian version is perceived as - I will select a file and create a torrent.
I think that would be more correct:

1. Добавить .torrent файл
  2. Добавить .torrent файлы из папки
1 Like

I also noticed that sorting by name does not work correctly.

The sorting filter does not work correctly in Popular Torrents.
If you select Video, then go somewhere, such as the Personal Channel, then go back to Popular Torrents, you will see that the filter is set to Video, but the sorting is not done.

minor “bug”. There is no “Token Balance” graph after 1TB