Your awesome app deletes without asking

Hi dear developers,
I’ve installed your super application into a folder where I had placed also my downloads folder with large number of gigabytes, and Tribler (the newest and so the best version 6.4.3) deleted all the content without any polite asking. The data even wasn’t downloaded by your highly reliable product.
Moreover, this issue isn’t new for you, dear Tribler developers, thanks to Google cache I found out that this was happening in one of your older versions. And now, it still deletes data of your happy users. Applause to you! [Windows 8.1 64bit]

I’m not a developer, but I’ve not had that problem and I was running 8.1x64 up until the release of 10 with all my non shared downloads stored to the same directory tribler was installed to, so that is very surprising…

Could you please fill in a bug report with the exact steps you took and whether you can reproduce it consistenly or not at our github project page?

Thanks

I have submitted the bug report. I wanted to post this issue also here in order to warn users.