Tribler 6.5-RC6 ready for testing!

As I have tell you before the path of Tribler directory is C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet & Utilities\Tribler
It will be ok, if you can verify in the same conditions as mine (the same path and VS2015 installed on your system) so you can eliminate this bug so you can release the final version 6.5 without it!
Thanks a lot for your interest in solving this problem.

No dice, I just tested with both vs2015 and the custom path and it still works just fine.

I don’t remember if I asked, but did you try moving %APPDATA%\.Tribler\ out of the way to see if there’s any change with a fresh state dir?

Yes i have completely deleted the .Tribler folder form %APPDATA…

I also have a lot of problems with tribler 6.5 including RC6. It crashes immediately at startup.

Faulting Application Path:    C:\Program Files (x86)\Tribler\tribler.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
Application Name:    tribler.exe
Application Version:    0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp:    55ddccf1
Fault Module Name:    MSVCR90.dll
Fault Module Version:    9.0.30729.9158
Fault Module Timestamp:    554b0726
Exception Code:    c0000005
Exception Offset:    0003b9f0
OS Version:    10.0.10240.2.0.0.768.101
Locale ID:    3072
Additional Information 1:    bdcb
Additional Information 2:    bdcb33e65a9843796b7ec31cc25bda3b
Additional Information 3:    689d
Additional Information 4:    689d12abf00dd47c453b5e1a156c0fa3

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID:    fe77d953ff3b11c9fceac3fcf4343b57 (107556058260)

Tribler.exe.log

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "wx\_core.pyo", line 14669, in <lambda>
  File "wx\lib\scrolledpanel.pyo", line 76, in _SetupAfter
  File "wx\_core.pyo", line 14619, in __getattr__
wx._core.PyDeadObjectError: The C++ part of the ListBody object has been deleted, attribute access no longer allowed.
Unable to rename the log file!
Exception in thread Notifier-timer-votecast:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "threading.pyo", line 810, in __bootstrap_inner
  File "threading.pyo", line 1082, in run
  File "Tribler\Core\CacheDB\Notifier.pyo", line 103, in doQueue
  File "Tribler\Core\Utilities\twisted_utils.pyo", line 46, in callInThreadPool
  File "Tribler\Core\Utilities\twisted_utils.pyo", line 56, in isInThreadPool
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'threads'

Unable to rename the log file!

I can send all my appdata if you need it for reproducing the problem. :slight_smile:

Working fine on my 64 bit Windows 7 Pro machine, currently an HP 500-223w with a RAM upgrade to 16GB.
This was a manual full install of Windows 7 because some of my work software does not install or operate above Windows 7.

ONLY problem I see now is when I select “Remove Download” or “Remove Download + Data” it appears to, then the torrents requeue and begin downloading.

Everything else I care about works fine.

My work around for the issue at present is to start and stop the torrent. Hope that issue is fixed soon.

Thanks for the great work guys.
Tribler is my only torrent client on this work machine.

If anyone wants to know what versions of software I run on this machine, feel free to ask, in connection with Tribler not working so well on your setup.

I assume that if you have VS2015 installed, you are a programmer. Could you see where Tribler is crashing with the debugger?

Which windows version are you running?

Could you please file a bug report with a step by step description on how to reproduce it? I’ve tried deleting a download on my testing windows 10 machine and it seems to work fine.

I usually can track issues better if they are reported on github instead of the forums as here it’s easy to get stuff mixed up/forgotten.

Thanks!

Crashes on launch on Mac. OSX 10.11.1 . RC5 is fine.

Please let me know what to provide to assist troubleshooting.

I am using the current Tribler_6.5.0-rc6.

No matter what completed torrent I choose to “remove download + data” or “remove download” it does briefly… then a few seconds later it starts to redownload the torrents.

It now does this with ALL completed or incomplete torrents if i try to stop and remove them by either method.

I have tried after two different system reboots over a week apart now.

I began experiencing it about a month ago on Tribler_6.4.2-rc2.

IT does not bother me greatly, I can choose to force start and then stop the file and just leave it be until a future update fixes the issue.

I do have both Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 and 2010 Express related to other work I do.

I have not used either or updated them since 8 - 10 - 2014, so they should not be much of an issue.

Considering Tribler_6.4.2-rc2 worked as expected for many months, I have to conclude it was something installed later besides Visual Studio or it’s components. (likely a Windows Update since I rarely install anything on this machine)

That the issue carried forwards when I jumped to the current RC6 tells me the issue involves a combination of installed software that apparently many people here do not use, which is quite possible since this PC is used at a radio station, though not on the air or anything critical.

IF you need any specifics about anything, just reply and I will return to the forum at least once a week to check and reply.

Thank you so much for the wonderful client.

Could you create an issue at our github project page? Please, make sure to read the guidelines so you provide us with all the necessary info.

Also, being an OSX startup crash, please paste the relevant parts of the console logs too.

Thanks!

Hm, that’s a weird one. Could be that something got corrupted on your state dir?

Could you create an issue at our github project page? Please, make sure to read the guidelines so you provide us with all the necessary info.

I finally had time to look into what is going on a bit more…

Since it is small, I am attaching the log I got today while shutting Tribler down…

ERROR 1450111680.90 GuiDBHandler:253 'Traceback (most recent call last):\n File “Tribler\Main\Utility\GuiDBHandler.pyo”, line 121, in wrapper\n File “Tribler\Main\tribler_main.pyo”, line 669, in loadSessionCheckpoint\n File “Tribler\Core\Session.pyo”, line 411, in load_checkpoint\n File “Tribler\Core\APIImplementation\LaunchManyCore.pyo”, line 454, in load_checkpoint\n File “Tribler\Core\APIImplementation\LaunchManyCore.pyo”, line 508, in resume_download\nAttributeError: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘get’\n’
ERROR 1450111680.90 GuiDBHandler:270 ‘Traceback (most recent call last):\n File “Tribler\Main\Utility\GuiDBHandler.pyo”, line 121, in wrapper\n File “Tribler\Main\tribler_main.pyo”, line 669, in loadSessionCheckpoint\n File “Tribler\Core\Session.pyo”, line 411, in load_checkpoint\n File “Tribler\Core\APIImplementation\LaunchManyCore.pyo”, line 454, in load_checkpoint\n File “Tribler\Core\APIImplementation\LaunchManyCore.pyo”, line 508, in resume_download\nAttributeError: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘get’\n’

Not really worried, as the work around is simple… finished torrents that have seeded and stopped I can just leave stopped… because trying to “remove download” or “remove download + data” only causes Tribler 6.5-RC6 to remove that data and immediately begin downloading the same torrent I asked it to remove…

I don’t care enough to cause me to sign up for any new accounts to post to some github or whatever… but I will post what I can here.

I figure eventually one of the updates will fix it, and if not then eventually a better program will come along to replace it.

I check antivirus shootouts each fall to see which one misses the least, because brand loyalty isn’t a very intelligent concept… every brand has lemons now and then. I still use Tribler as one of the best torrent clients for Windows (and possibly other OSes)

Thanks for all the hard work and for the forum so we can all help make Tribler better.

I suppose one of the power failures caused the issue. Next time all torrents are in I will remove and reinstall Tribler and see if that helps correct the minor issue.

Doesnt work on Windows XP.

We don’t have the manpower to support Windowx XP, sorry (Also, it’s not getting security updates anymore so it’s really not a good idea to use it).

There’s nothing on Tribler that’s incompatible with Windows XP, but the installer should be modified to bundle the right DLLs so it works there. If you are tech savvy enough, you could run it from source (https://github.com/Tribler/tribler).

isn´t is time for a new build? it has been a while. By the way, I am back on 6.4.3 got really fat up with filling in my download location, although that is also broken within 6.4.3, but at least I only have to type the last folder. 6.4.3 also does not save the last downloaded destination folder of each download. Last folder name is always missing. Instead of e:\media\videos\TVSeries\seriename\seasonxx\ only e:\media\videos\TVSeries\seriename\ is remembered.

For those that need to install on Ubuntu Trusty, these 2 ppa’s may need to be added to satisfy libsodium13 and python-cyptography dependencies:

https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libsodium
https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-cloud-archive/+archive/ubuntu/liberty-staging

(There may be others that can be used, but these are the ones I found that worked)

We are fixing the last few bugs we want to have fixed for 6.5. Once these get fixed, we are going to release (what it should be) the last RC.

These are the pending issues for the 6.5 milestone

BTW, in case anyone hasn’t noticed yet, the tunnel helpers are back online.

Cheers!