Tribler 6.5-RC3 ready for testing!

We’ve just uploaded a new RC

This should have most of the issues reported for RC2 fixed.

Some could not get fixed due to us not being able to reproduce and the reporter not replying to our questions on time.

Get it Here and report any issue you run into.

Thanks!

Hello whirm and congratulations for your hard work to all of you!

I just installed Tribler_6.5.0-rc3.exe as Administrator under Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600] and when I run it I get

tribler.exe - Unable To Locate Component
This application has failed to start because MSVCR90.dll was not found.

Then I copy msvcr90.dll from C:\Program Files\Tribler\Microsoft.VC90.CRT to the application’s directory but this time I get

tribler.exe - Application Error
The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000142).

Any more data I could fetch for you?

Nope still crashes and gives error message slightly different tho and it doesn’t matter where i install RC2 or RC3 always same results
I also tried that official version Tribler 6.4.3 from the front page just in case and it worked just fine
I’m using windows8 64bit

Tribler version: 6.5.0-rc3
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “Tribler\Main\tribler_main.pyo”, line 174, in init
File “Tribler\Core\Session.pyo”, line 422, in start
File “Tribler\Core\APIImplementation\LaunchManyCore.pyo”, line 101, in register
File “Tribler\Core\leveldbstore.pyo”, line 72, in init
type: ‘ascii’ codec can’t encode character u’\xf6’ in position 17: ordinal not in range(128)

I’m sorry but we don’t support windows XP anymore. If your computer is not powerful enough to run a more recent windows version, you should switch to a lightweight Linux distro, maybe Linux Mint or XUbuntu?

That said, if you manage to find a fix for that, we will gladly accept a PR for it.

(I would try installing the latest visual C runtime that contains this DLL from microsoft and deleting the shipped dill?)

Ok, thanks for testing, we are having another look at it. :slight_smile:

Ok, now it really should be fixed :slight_smile:

Could you please test this build and tell me if it works for you?

Working now :grin:
BUT small weird bug the tribler’s user interface freezes EXAMPLE switching between downloads and channels at some point the UI freezes and no matter what i click nothing happens. Its still working normally tho downloading / uploading its just completely locked up shutting down tribler is the only way to fix it (only buttons that works when that bug occurs is the upper right corner minimize to system tray and two others)
Sorry for my bad english

Great!

About the freezing: Could you have a look at the log file?

Can’t find it where is it supposed be and what is it called ?

With the latest builds it’s on your %APPDATA% dir. Sould be called Tribler.exe.log

Nope no tribler logs anywhere

Searched whole damn machine and nothing :confused:

Installed 6.5.RC3.5 on a Windows 10 X64 Zotac ID42 12 gig and got this error,

OSError: Could not locate nacl lib, searched for libsodium, tweetnacl
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “tribler.py”, line 41, in
File “tribler.py”, line 32, in run
File “Tribler\Main\tribler_main.pyo”, line 76, in
$
File “Tribler\Main\vwxGUI\MainFrame.pyo”, line 52, in

File “Tribler\Main\vwxGUI\home.pyo”, line 7, in

File “Tribler\community\tunnel\hidden_community.pyo”, line 26, in

File “Tribler\community\tunnel\routing.pyo”, line 5, in

File “Tribler\dispersy\crypto.pyo”, line 13, in

File “libnacl_init_.pyo”, line 75, in
a
File “libnacl_init_.pyo”, line 37, in _get_nacl

OSError: Could not locate nacl lib, searched for libsodium, tweetnacl

Tried RC3.5 on a Dell E6400 with 4 gig and windows 7 Sp1 X32 and it started ingesting 45.218 Torrent files, which took a very long time.
After that, my old problem with 6.4.3, regarding not enough tcp/ip connections seems to be solved.
While downloading I now still can browse for other torrents, before dns would stop working until tribler 6.4.3 was stopped.

Torrent details, peers and tracker not showing any info with 6.5.0.rc3.5!!!

Replaced disk for Dell E6400 containing a X64 Windows 10 and that installed and ran without any problem? Go figure? Why do I get the error on the Zotac ID42 and not on a Dell E6400, both running Windows 10 x64 Dutch.

@whirm below is my tribler log pasted. For context see this issue on github; https://github.com/Tribler/tribler/issues/1599.
Sorry I haven’t quite figured out how to send a PM on the new forum yet. I apparently can’t upload attachments yet I get this error when trying “Sorry, new users can not upload attachments”.
Log details:
ERROR 1440174030.47 server:214 DENYING SOCKS5 request
ERROR 1440179551.44 server:214 DENYING SOCKS5 request

Yes that’s it! From %appdata%
Nothing to be found in either
c:/program files/tribler/tribler.exe.log (windows) or
c:/users/USERNAME/tribler.exe.log (windows-alt)

Hope it helps.

Can’t seem to be able to “build circuits” with the Preview on Windows 10. So the anonymous torrenting doesn’t work. Works fine with encrypted anonymous seeding, but not with the other option.

Tried both the linked build and the one in response to the other comment in this thread. Left the original build going over night without it working. Also having frequent error occurred come up, including on every time i shut Tribler down.

Can’t seem to attach the log since i’m a new user though… Not sure how to go about that.

Edit: Pastebin of parts of the log since i could not upload the whole file. Could upload the complete one to MEGA or something if this isn’t enough: http://www.pastebin.ca/3125198

Most are just the same part repeating, probably since it was on and “erroring” for the whole night…

Hm, maybe our packaged libsodium depends on a lib that we aren’t bundling and one of your windows machines has it installed by a different program?

Also, could you report your unsolved issues separately on our github issue tracker? We are quite busy and I don’t want to forget any of them.

Thanks!

That should be enough, thanks for the report!

Same things are happening here. When for start it remains stuck on building circuits, I add a new torrent on the list Tribler just crash, at shutdown crash again. This was the problems i have on RC2 also. I think it have something to do with Windows 10 Pro X64.,. I have tried tribler 6.5 on a Windows 7 machine and it runs just fine. Searched for the tribler.exe.log and i can’t find it on RC3.

The log file is at the bottom of the /appdata/roaming folder. On windows 10 use Win + R to get the run window and write “appdata” without the ". The select roaming and go to the bottom to find the tribler.exe log file. On W7, i think you have to write %appdata% to get to the roaming folder, might work with on windows 10 too. I’m also running regular w10, not pro.

I suggest checking out the github issue here, there’s also another build there which worked a few times for me, but also crashed subsequent times when building circuits. https://github.com/Tribler/tribler/issues/1602

1 Like