No Connection, Port Status Unkown

Was v excited when Tribler was recommended to me, but just installed 6.4.3 for first time, and unable to get up & running…

Port status unknown, “Tribler has not yet received any incoming connections. Unless you’re using a proxy, this could indicate a problem with your network connection.”

Tried troubleshooting guide, I’m not running a proxy, port default setting at 7763, firewall access enabled, tried changing port number, eventually un/re-install - all with no change.

Please help. Thanks!

I run Windows 7 sp1, tested same torrent and uTorrent works fine…

=(

Could you have a look at the log file? (it’s located on the tribler install dir, named Tribler.exe.log)

?

“Sorry, new user cannot upload attachments.”

pymdht: utils.py py2exe: Frozen mode
pymdht: utils.py py2exe: bootstrap_stable C:\Program Files (x86)\Tribler\Tribler\Core\DecentralizedTracking\pymdht\core\bootstrap_stable
pymdht: utils.py py2exe: bootstrap_unstable C:\Program Files (x86)\Tribler\Tribler\Core\DecentralizedTracking\pymdht\core\bootstrap_unstable
pymdht: use_cache ON!!
CRITICAL 1440964874.75 minitwisted:100 run

len(self._unstable_ip_port) == 5000, num_addrs: 40
ERROR 1440964874.75 LibtorrentMgr:131 LibtorrentMgr: could not restore dht state, starting from scratch
GUI started
GUI ready
ERROR 1440964940.27 settingsDialog:354 Could not set target torrent collecting dir
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “Tribler\Main\vwxGUI\settingsDialog.pyo”, line 352, in saveDefaultDownloadConfig
File “Tribler\Core\SessionConfig.pyo”, line 331, in set_torrent_collecting_dir
File “Tribler\Core\Utilities\configparser.pyo”, line 33, in set
OperationNotPossibleAtRuntimeException: <class ‘Tribler.Core.exceptions.OperationNotPossibleAtRuntimeException’>: None
ERROR 1440964940.28 settingsDialog:354 Could not set target torrent collecting dir
File “Tribler\Main\vwxGUI\settingsDialog.pyo”, line 352, in saveDefaultDownloadConfig
OperationNotPossibleAtRuntimeException: <class ‘Tribler.Core.exceptions.OperationNotPossibleAtRuntimeException’>: None
GUI closing
GUI closed
ONEXIT deleting instances
pymdht: utils.py py2exe: bootstrap_stable C:\Program Files (x86)\Tribler\Tribler\Core\DecentralizedTracking\pymdht\core\bootstrap_stable
pymdht: utils.py py2exe: bootstrap_unstable C:\Program Files (x86)\Tribler\Tribler\Core\DecentralizedTracking\pymdht\core\bootstrap_unstable
CRITICAL 1440964955.80 minitwisted:100 run

GUI started
GUI ready
ERROR 1440964981.01 settingsDialog:354 Could not set target torrent collecting dir
GUI closing
GUI closed
CRITICAL 1440965021.81 minitwisted:100 run

GUI started
GUI ready
ERROR 1440965256.50 settingsDialog:354 Could not set target torrent collecting dir
GUI closing
GUI closed
CRITICAL 1440965271.11 minitwisted:100 run

len(self._unstable_ip_port) == 4964, num_addrs: 40
GUI started
GUI ready
GUI closing
GUI closed

Yeah, you have to build up trust to be able to upload files to the forum, it shouldn’t take long if you are active (we had a huge spam problem with the old forums).

Does your username contain non-ascii chars? If so, everything should be fine on RC5, which should be out soon.

I’m having the same issue, but in my case there doesn’t seem to be a log file! Also using Win 7, and I’ve checked C:\Program Files (x86)\Tribler as well as C:\Users\kero\AppData\Roaming.Tribler in my user folder.

As you can see from my user folder, my username is ascii only and super simple, so at least I can rule out that problem.

Any ideas what could be wrong, or why I don’t have a Tribler.exe.log file?
Thanks in advance!

Update: immediately after posting this, the automatic test finally started downloading… at about 0.3 kbps. Well it’s something anyway. That said, the “Port status unknown” error is still there.

Can you please try if your problem is fixed by running the latest Beta?

I originally had not changed from default username, tried w “Otus” and no change. Certainly dont have non-ascii chars!

Will try new beta & report back.

Thanks for the suggestion (and the link). Since updating, I’ve been getting slightly better speeds (up to 20 kbps, woohoo!), and the test file has been able to get halfway downloaded. Unfortunately, the error has not disappeared or changed, and I still don’t seem to have any log file.

If you don’t get a log file, it means there’s no error to report.

For how long have you been running Tribler without the port status changing?

Several hours at a time, I allowed it to run continuously for about 8 hours today with no changes, though the automatic download was able to download completely.

I was concerned that Windows Firewall might be in the way so I checked its settings. All ports were open, Tribler’s protocol type is set to TCP, the only thing I could find odd was that Edge Traversal was blocked. I opened that up, and started another torrent… a few minutes later and it seems like it’s behaving itself. Is that weird?

Tribler uses mostly UDP, the only TCP traffic it generates is to scrape TCP Trackers.

When I tried downloading beta, got Blue Screen Of Death… =(

Scared me off a little as this is very 1st time on this machine. Might wait gonna wait till you get it to stable version…

When I first installed, I ran it for a few hours, and got that test file download (which never progressed).

That file doesn’t show up anymore, not sure what the deal is w that…

Is it possible this is a router-port issue?

Getting a BSOD has nothing to do with Tribler. I would make sure you don’t have a dying component on your computer or some OS corruption (bad drivers, etc.)

It’s just a test download and it will be tried only once.

I would try adding a normal download with the anontunnel enabled and see if it works.

I also faced connection issues with my Windows 10 PC. Basically I have been using Netgear router for 6 months. Firstly it’s giving too much high speed, nowadays I have noticed it’s not given that much high speed as before. So, I am thinking now I will change it and buy the new router. Can anyone suggests me which one is better for a high-speed facility?
NETGEAR ROUTER LOGIN

AFAIK more exit node would work to make the TOR network efficient as hosting pieces here and there are good for those who are on slower connections.